6 - Carles Alena

tacticvarium

He had a decent performance but still has to improve his decision-making and ball control in tight spaces and under pressure.

tacticvarium

You can never judge a player's performance based on highlights.
I'm also raising the bar since he is now very close to joining the first team and train with them regularly.

Jallo

He had a decent performance but still has to improve his decision-making and ball control in tight spaces and under pressure.

I think ball control in tight spaces happens to be one of his greatest attributes. He is a master at using his frame to hold of a defender and his dribbling in tight situations is just great.
As far as decision making, he doesn’t really ever play as a CM like he does with the first team. With the B team he’s basically a 10 or a free playmaker. So his decision making and defending(which is his weakness) won’t improve until he joins the first team.

khaled_a_d

I've yet to see a Barca CM (or midfielder) who always look to receive the ball in advanced places as Alena, even b4 B team.
He will need to learn to play deeper, or turn into attacker, otherwise he will have one of the main flaws of both Rafinha & Denis

tacticvarium

[tw]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Barcelona B players with most key passes in the league this season: Aleñá 43 - Galarreta 25 - Cucurella 24 - Palencia 17 <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/fcbblive?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#fcbblive</a> [sofascore]</p>— barcabstuff (@barcabstuff) <a href="https://twitter.com/barcabstuff/status/961159599188529153?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 7, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> [/tw]

tacticvarium

[tw]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="es" dir="ltr">Barcelona B players with most successful dribbles in the league this season: Aleñá 71 - Arnáiz 42 - Vitinho 29 - Galarreta 19 - Costas 17 <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/fcbblive?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#fcbblive</a> [laliga]</p>— barcabstuff (@barcabstuff) <a href="https://twitter.com/barcabstuff/status/961618171139690496?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 8, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> [/tw]

BarçaBarça

I'm really looking forward to see him in the first team next season. With Gomes and Denis (probably) out, he should get some minutes to prove himself and get eased into the squad.
Exciting player :)

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I'm really looking forward to see him in the first team next season. With Gomes and Denis (probably) out, he should get some minutes to prove himself and get eased into the squad.
Exciting player :)

Busquets, Coutinho, Rakitic, Paulinho, Iniesta, Alena.

Should indeed be a very good opportunity to prove his worth and win a spot on the team

PS: Remember that the list shows the players in the decreasing order of their expected/desired number of minutes

messi1995

Feel bad for Aleña hahhah but he will celebrate at summer when he is promoted to the first team and can be coached by a class manager like Valverde. Gerard Lopez with an another disasterclass today "but but signing will help Lopez".

messi1995

Time to let Aleña get some first team football? The boy will get promoted this summer and it's good for him to get some experience before promotion. Needs to play instead of Paulinho which I can't enjoy.

The man today and like other games is pure shit and we bought him for 40M? Denis, Paulinho and Gomes have not proven themself to be good enough for this club. Bartomeu and Segura thought Paulinho and Gomes, two braindead players are good enough because they are physically strong? Deluded. Won't say anything about Denis tho because we used the buy back clause to buy him back, but he isn't good enough so time to sell all of them so Aleña can get some space. Only Busquets, Iniesta, Coutinho, Rakitic and Roberto are better MF's than him. But only Rakitic and Roberto play in the RCM position so Aleña needs to compete only with them. Time to give Aleña which cost us nothing game time and let us be patient like we were with Gomes last season and Paulinho now. Let us trust la masia which many people think is dead, but it's not. Sergi Roberto, a nobody player few years ago has proven everybody that doubted him that he will be good enough, which he is today. Time for Aleña in the CM postion and then we can think about Juvenil players after him mixed with good signings.

tacticvarium

Sergi Roberto:

"When I was at Barça B, the first team was full of great players. There were moments when I thought I wouldn't be able to make it [into the first team], but I always worked hard."

"Aleñá is having a good season, and when he comes up to the first team, he always helps us. He is working very hard."

"Aleñá is a Barça B player now, he is going step by step. He is very ambitious and I'm sure he will be an important player for the club for many years."

#fcbblive [rac1]

messi1995

Sergi Roberto should be an example for many youth kids. Why? Roberto was never the biggest or the most talented kid in la masia when he was young. He had talent, but he worked hard to reach a level I didn't expected him to reach. If a player like Roberto can reach that level, why can't a very talented kid with very good technical ability to do that? I understand why some la masia players leaves us. Because right now our club isn't good enough to convince our youth players that they are important. but to be honest I really hope they work hard and prove everybody wrong. With some patient and hard work I believe youth kids will get chances (hopefully) and at the end succeed.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans