6 - Carles Alena

Great performance against Cordoba today. I know there will only be one Messi, but he deff has a style very similar to Messis. I really hope he can become a good player for us one day.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
If someone like Rijkaard was in charge he would be playing for first team already. But Rijkaard wasn't interested in his own skin and short-term results. :lucho:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Him in that RCM role could be quite something.....creative, always moving off the ball looking to receive a pass and move the ball forward.

FC433

I do not want him to get promoted or even get called if he is going to sit on the bench. If he is not playing in the starting 11, then he should stay at Barca B. It is a new challenge for him and he is still young. There is no need to rush it.

We have got about 9 + 1 midfielders.

Busquets + Iniesta + Roberto are going nowhere.

Gomes + Suarez + Rafinha this season is their last chance to prove themselves.

Turan + Rakitic + Paulinho are quite old.

And Samper is coming back next season. I think we should get rid of four players if we plan on promoting Alena and five if we plan on getting a new midfielder.

Last edited:

Batistuta9

I hope he can keep on developing, he can become a special player. I think he will play further up the pitch as he gets older as he is always looking to score. He can be our asensio.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He can score goals but he's a central midfielder. He has all the Barca CM instincts, all the right skills and tendencies, and has been playing at CM since at least the Cadete levels IIRC from following him back then, if not even before that.

BarcaJack

Judging from this video this kid is too good for Barca B. I think sometimes he already knew where best to pass the ball and was frustrated that his teammates weren't there. Keeping playing like this isn't good for his development. For a 19-year-old it's the crucial stage. Making one bad decision can hurt your career significantly. (Deulofeu, for example. His weakness has always been in the passing game yet he chose a EPL team. Now he is struggling here despite his great talent.)
I think the question mark over this kid is: can he continue to play like this when he's pressed in a high-intensity La Liga game? If he can manage he can at least be a squad player (like Rafinha). If he plays and delivers he may be a star. Personally I hope he can work more on free kicks and long passes. (Since every great midfielder is quite good at these.)
I think, ideally, he should be competing for playing time in a tiki-taka team in La Liga starting this year. No need to stay in the comfort zone for too long. Hopefully one more year in Barca B turn out not bad for him. Deserves to play Copa games. Absolutely needs to be loaned out or promoted next season.

Last edited:

Albo

No need to rush him. Full season in Segunda with a large role to play will do him good + copa games.

Home of Barca Fans