6 - Carles Alena

Trickykid

All talk, little action in terms of developing domestic talent for Valverde.

He's been with the club for 6 months, so a little patience shouldn't be too much to ask for?
Aleñá is training regularly with the first team, and if he's doing well there, he'll get more chances.

Joan

Called up Alenya and Arnaiz for a tough match against Celta away. He needed time to balance the squad and now he has more space to build on it. If they get any minutes today, I think we are hitting the right direction.

God Serena

Called up Alenya and Arnaiz for a tough match against Celta away. He needed time to balance the squad and now he has more space to build on it. If they get any minutes today, I think we are hitting the right direction.

Calling them up is meaningless if they don't actually play, which up to now has been the case. Suarez, Messi, and Iniesta are out of the Celta clash so it's a strong possibility they could get some minutes, but after the stunt he pulled in the CL you're a fool if you consider anything logical from Valverde regarding giving young players minutes to be a given.

Joan

Calling them up is meaningless if they don't actually play, which up to now has been the case. Suarez, Messi, and Iniesta are out of the Celta clash so it's a strong possibility they could get some minutes, but after the stunt he pulled in the CL you're a fool if you consider anything logical from Valverde regarding giving young players minutes to be a given.

Against Juve? I don't know if it'd be any good for their confidence. Also, he was coaching us for merely few months.
Arnaiz is starting today instead of Arda or Deulofeu. I think it's now time to see his treatment of youth.

God Serena

Against Juve? I don't know if it'd be any good for their confidence. Also, he was coaching us for merely few months.
Arnaiz is starting today instead of Arda or Deulofeu. I think it's now time to see his treatment of youth.

Juve?

You might actually be deluded if you think that's what I'm talking about.

Joan

Juve?

You might actually be deluded if you think that's what I'm talking about.

Other matches were quite important. It might not seem so but they were for Valverde. He had to prove himself. And we know he likes to play it safe so I can completely understand his position and decidions without agreeing with them.

God Serena

Other matches were quite important. It might not seem so but they were for Valverde. He had to prove himself. And we know he likes to play it safe so I can completely understand his position and decidions without agreeing with them.

Nothing was more important than the final CL group stage game that literally meant nothing. Clearly.

Joan

Nothing was more important than the final CL group stage game that literally meant nothing. Clearly.

Lapsus memoriae, thought the final cl group game was against Juve. You might have a point but it's still understandable for me that he first wanted to make his own team work, develope chemistry before bringing youngsters into it.
Afterall, he said it himself, that he's sure b team players were gonna help but he's focused on his own team.
Also, seems Arnaiz is gonna take Deulofeu's place, Alena training with the first team, Valverde watching their mathces - it doesn't seem all black, to me at least.

messi1995

Thoughts on Valverde's decision to exclude Denis and Delfeou for Aleña and Arnaiz? I like that. If you don't perform, others will get the chance. Not like Lucho that gave Gumbau more chances than Samper or Arda more than others. Imaging giving Arda more chanches than others lmfao 😂😂😂

Nothanks

I like that Valverde has come out and said he wants a smaller squad (Reason why we're selling alot this month) he wants to keep the stars happy and give more opportunity to youngsters.

although i struggle to see where alena would fit in this 4-4-2 system..
valverde likes physical defensive CM's so where does alena fit into this? RM? LM? messi role?

Home of Barca Fans