6 - Carles Alena

Porque

From the two games with Pimienta it seems that he wants Alenya to play more reserved and as a classical midfielder. If only he had the whole season with this discipline.

When the B team went down he has had the tendancy to try and make things happen himself by pushing forward.

The way the squad is shaping up for next season, he will be backup for CMR and RM/AML. He will surely do better there than Deulofeu did. And should get decent opportunities.

Hopefullu Griezmann isnt placed there, it isnt 2012 and this isnt Sociedad.

Raketa10

He had a very good first half. He was playing as CAM/RAM directly behind striker. He scored and started the attack for second goal. I would like to see him more involved with the ball though.

EDIT: he wasn’t so good in the second half, he needs to talk less with the referee and he really needs to stop with non-stop gesticulation.

He undoubtedly has a big potential but he needs to work hard regarding few things:

- off ball movement
- defensive work rate
- he needs to release the ball much faster when under pressure
- he is not so quick so he also needs to start thinking much faster than he currently is, that will be crucial in La Liga where the rhythm of the game is much faster than in Segunda.

Last edited:

tacticvarium

He undoubtedly has a big potential but he needs to work hard regarding few things:

- off ball movement
- defensive work rate
- he needs to release the ball much faster when under pressure
- he is not so quick so he also needs to start thinking much faster than he currently is, that will be crucial in La Liga where the rhythm of the game is much faster than in Segunda.

I believe those are things that Aleñá can only learn when he gets to play at a higher level since he is already one of the best midfielders at Segunda.
I'm certain he is well aware of what aspects of his game should improve to survive in the first team but he will need to physically experience the higher level of intensity to actually make changes. That's why it's a waste of time when a talented lad stays at the B team more than one or 1.5 season.

Joan

He's had a very good season, IMO. It's a shame Arnaiz got injured. Might've been better.

I hope he talked a lot with Gerard. Hope he's learned a thing or two how to behave like a professional athlete and so on.

FCBfan22

ojoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ojo
ojo
ojo [tw]998913736906805249[/tw]
ojo
ojo
ojo
ojo
ojo
ojo
ojoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

FCBfan22

It's OJO season lads. Get ready.
[MENTION=20286]El Flaco[/MENTION] [MENTION=2]Barcaman[/MENTION]
We really need an OJO emoji.

ebieymjunior

I'll already say it now. He'll have to learn how to play at the left side of midfield if he really wants a chance to make it. Either that or he learns how to defend.
Same issue with Roberto, Rafinha (relating to midfield), and Gomes. It's really hard to play more attacking in the right side of Barcelona's midfield (matter of balance I guess).

Joan

Been reading some posts on Reddit and many there highly doubt Alenya.

What are your feelings about his season?

God Serena

Reddit?

You mean the place where Gomes is still a top young talent and Suarez is just in bad form?

The place where the delusion is such a strong mist that if you spend too long reading posts there you accidentally get yourself banned here for trolling?

I hope you don't mean that Reddit.

Jallo

I can understand why they would say that, but it is wildly misguided. Aleña had to carry this team all season long. By the end he was tired and resulted to playing hero ball. His has lead the team in chances created, assists, and goals scored. I don’t think Aleña got the chance to improve in his preferred midfield position this season as a result. His defense is still not there, but he still posses elite playmaking and ball carrying abilities.
I truly believe that next season he will have his breakthrough, under proper coaching and great teammates.

serghei

I'm not sure what people expect from Alena at this point? He is raw talent that you have to play in the first team and slowly and steadily develop into the player we all want and need. He has quality, and he seems to be smart. Two things he will need in abundance to make it at the first team. We need to play him, trust him, and let him grow into an experienced player. We need to do basically the same thing Madrid are doing with Asensio. Don't believe Asensio is more talented than Alena or stuff like that. I do believe that Zidane is doing a great job with him though. And that so far Valverde is shit at handling young players, something that Zidane is very good at it seems.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
This season have been a little bit of a waste for him. He's had to carry Barca B in a shit situation only to get relegated, and because of the shit situation they've been trying to survive, Valverde has not had the vision to take him out and play him in some La Liga games.

Lucho had his share of flaws, but apart from Samper he gave chances to players like Munir, Sandro. Valverde keep telling the press how much he rates Alena and he trains quite a lot with the first team, but he need to play with our best players to improve. Whenever he's played it's been with guys like Gomes and Vidal....

There is no guarantee he will succeed or become a starter for us, but he has that *it* factor that someone like Roberto has always lacked. The ability to create something out of nothing and make dynamic plays.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans