6 - Carles Alena

LosBlancos

Whats the reason for his lack of time with the first team? No offense but Gomes and Paulinho shouldn't really be keeping anyone on the bench.

Jallo

Whats the reason for his lack of time with the first team? No offense but Gomes and Paulinho shouldn't really be keeping anyone on the bench.

Couple of big reasons I see.

1 Barcelona B has been flirting with relegation all season long and Aleña is not only one of the top scorers but all the best playmaker by far. So they keep him with the B team to give the a better chance of staying up.

2. The first team mid is loaded with average players and seniority matters to a conservative coach in his first season.

3. He has developed into a midfield that the first team could really use this season, but that not his fault. The b team doesn’t afford him the opportunity to improve on his weaknesses mainly his defensive side, due to playing like a 10 or free roaming forward playermaker most of the season.

4. Valverde is too chicken to take risks has been all season long. Shows a luck of trust in young players constantly. Will often choose physicality over technical ability.

Finally even with his shortcomings Aleña should have played a part in aleast more than ten games. But ya know ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

jamrock

Because he is the hero Barca deserves but not the one they need right now

So we will shun him, we will cast him away, throw do everything possible to slow his progress, because he can take it.

Raketa10

I honestly hope he won't get loaned out. A good loan can be very useful for a young player but our recent loan history is awful. Gomes is out for sure and I hope we'll sell Denis too so there is no doubt he can get his minutes. What's the point in keeping Denis when we all know he'll never be good enough?! Just get rid of them and give Gomes & Denis minutes to Alena. That would be over 2.200 minutes (this season stats) which is more than OK for such a young player.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

I honestly hope he won't get loaned out. A good loan can be very useful for a young player but our recent loan history is awful. Gomes is out for sure and I hope we'll sell Denis too so there is no doubt he can get his minutes. What's the point in keeping Denis when we all know he'll never be good enough?! Just get rid of them and give Gomes & Denis minutes to Alena. That would be over 2.200 minutes (this season stats) which is more than OK for such a young player.

Gomes and Denis played a lot in the days when:
Dembele was injured
Coutinho wasn't here
We didn't have Griezmann
We didn't have Arthur

So, those minutes will be shared different this time, especially if we'll play 433 more in the next season.
If Alena stays, and even if BOTH Gomes and Denis leave, I don't see more than 700-800 minutes for Alena.
In fact, I will be surprised if he'll get more than 500 La Liga minutes.
He will play a lot in a CDR, though.
... before EV starts to play Messi and 11 starters in February's CDR matches, just in time so that we end as dead tired in March and April and get knocked out in a CL's quarters, as always.

God Serena

Dembele was injured
Coutinho wasn't here
We didn't have Griezmann
We didn't have Arthur

So, those minutes will be shared different this time, especially if we'll play 433 more in the next season.
If Alena stays, and even if BOTH Gomes and Denis leave, I don't see more than 700-800 minutes for Alena.
... before EV starts to play Messi and 11 starters in February's CDR matches, just in time so that we end as dead tired in March and April and get knocked out in a CL's quarters, as always.

I like how you're realistic about things, while still managing to throw shade at Valverde for not rotating, while also making sure everyone knows you hate the Copa, all at the same time.

It's... it's art.

Raketa10

Dembele was injured
Coutinho wasn't here
We didn't have Griezmann
We didn't have Arthur

Ok I agree on some part but I tried to look at midfielders separately. Dembele is an attacker so is Griezmann and Coutinho is more AM/LM/LW than CM while Denis and especially Gomes were used as midfielders. With Iniesta, Gomes and Denis gone there will be space for Alena even if Arthur comes. You also have to take into consideration that Busi, Rakitic and Paulinho will be one year older so they will have to rotate more than this season or at least I hope so. There is also no way in hell that Rakitic will endure one more season with over 4.000 minutes of playing time without getting injured at least once, same goes for Busi...
OH FFS YOU ARE RIGHT! :facepalm: :lol:
I just want to believe that this kid will get his chance...

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans