6 - Carles Alena

BarcaJack

Alena actually has only a few games as subs before. Now suddenly he's starting and playing with Paulinho Denis Vidal who are, just not good. Give him more time. He was better when he was shorter. But being tall and strong is also an asset. Just be better than Gomes and replace Rakitic.

Last edited:

serghei

He played CM and never really took any risks or accelerated the game. More or less gave obvious pass most time.

I like him but last night he was average at best.

Just watched his highlights again and exactly as I thought it was.

If Messi and Paulinho are forward then of course he and Busi would play it forwards the most. Would almost have to refuse to play the ball forward not to.

Ok, let's agree to disagree. I though he had a good first half with some good moments. Should've had an assist if Denis would've taken a better shot, had some nice through balls. Overall I was OK with the performance and I really didn't see it as a bad game.

JamDav1982

Ok, let's agree to disagree. I though he had a good first half with some good moments. Should've had an assist if Denis would've taken a better shot, had some nice through balls. Overall I was OK with the performance and I really didn't see it as a bad game.

What was his moment that he showed such great vision in passing?

To me he looked nervous and aware he was part of system rather than playing his own game but even games like that can learn from.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Don't think he had a good game, but won't slate him for it. Part of the learning process.

Don't think Paulinho had a particularly good game either, especially on the ball. Some very heavy first touches yesterday lead to him losing the track more often than not.

BarcaJack

[MENTION=6099]JamDav1982[/MENTION] even Thiago in 2011 slowed down the game. "Obvious passes" are never that obvious. BTW since 2011 more teams have learned how to press. That's why we don't see a midfielder dancing around and showing off skills like Xavi and Iniesta used to do. Even Xavi and Iniesta seems less comfortable on the ball since then.

JamDav1982

[MENTION=6099]JamDav1982[/MENTION] even Thiago in 2011 slowed down the game. "Obvious passes" are never that obvious. BTW since 2011 more teams have learned how to press. That's why we don't see a midfielder dancing around and showing off skills like Xavi and Iniesta used to do. Even Xavi and Iniesta seems less comfortable on the ball since then.

I like Alena just think dont have to make out he was anything he wasnt last night.

messi1995

I'm pretty sure many Barca fans thought Sergi Roberto was average when he was 20 and now he's an extraordinary good player. I remember when people wanted him sold and even said he's only good for teams like Stoke and West Ham and he proved you all wrong.

This is why you can't judge a youth player, especially a player like Aleña which was a better player than Roberto when he was at the same age. And Aleña will be a better player than Roberto at the age of 25. Many people expect Aleña to play like peak Xavi while praising Gomes, Denis and Paulinho disasterclass almost every fucking week. Don't come here and act like you hate this board when many of you share the same opinion as them which is: la masia players needs to perform godly at age age of 19-20 if they get their chances while Gomes, Denis and Paulinho at the age of 24 and 29 can perform badly in almost every game and still get protected. Tired of Gomes fans vs Denis Fans when the reality is that both of them are bang average and should either be sold or loaned out. Gomes is protected by this fanbase while his teammates are frustratet by him. And Denis is bang average and I can't believe people rate him because he looks handsome and played for Barca B. And Paulinho is rated because he scores goal which is created for him, but the man is exposing our midfield and provide zero control because he has no technical ability. And don't come here and say that Gomes, Denis and Paulinho have experience and thats why they play more than youth players. Aleña with traning and enough playing time will get experience. He will be better than all of them combined and it will maybe take him 1-2 year. To be honest he's already way better than all of them, but still need to learn more. Roberto which was Stoke or West Ham level renewed his contract today until 2022 so hahaha you took the L. Even Conte wanted him at Chelsea so I rather be patient and wait for youth players to shine than attacking them after 1-2 games.

Average players that should either be sold or loaned out: Gomes, Denis, Paulinho, Rafinha, Vidal, Paco, Digne and Deulofeu. Here I mentioned 4 players that have played for la masia so I'm not a la masia hipster that likes to keep academy players even tho they are average. I'm fair unlike many of you that is hating on Aleña for no fucking reason when he's only 20 years old. The boy has the technical ability to play for Barca and I want to be patient and let him develope in peace. It's okey to give an opinion on how he played and what he should work on to improve, but don't call him for bang average and shit player when he's not. Be patient please because otherwise you will take the L in the future ☺

Last edited:

Raketa10

Will not make it at Barca. You only need to watch 2 or 3 games and you can actually see if a player will ever be good enough for Barca. He won't.

Thiago at 20:

[youtube]J_2riz5Ysrc[/youtube]

The gap is huge and even Thiago never established himself as the world's top midfielder to this day.

Would be surprised if anyone from the youth team makes it within the next 15 years tbh. World class midfield talents are rare, since Xavi we can't even buy anyone (Coutinho is an attacker).

They are totally different, Thiago is small and very light player who is fast with his feet, he is basically dancing with the ball while Alena is physically stronger player. It's useless to comapare them. Saying that you only need to watch 2 or 3 games is very bald statement. I would say even experts go scouting 10 or 15 times to see if someone can or can not succeed here.

It's absolutely undeniable that this kid has potential but he has to work hard to succeed. Like every kid he needs TIME and plenty of games! People also need to stop comparing every CM player to Xavi or Iniesta that's just useless. And honestly if you want to compare Alena to someone than IMHO he is much more similar to Fabregas than to Thiago who is physically much more similar to Xavi and Iniesta.

There is a kid in La Masia who could maybe one day play like Xavi did but he is still 14 years old and far away from the first team (I am talking about Xavi Simons). Until than let's allow Alena to be Alena, give him time and stop comparing him to best Barca midfielders of all time, it's useless.

Last edited:

LeeRomeno

Gomes is protected by this fanbase

Had to rub my eyes many times. Where is that fanbase lol? He is by far the most criticised player on the squad. He even gets trashed if he does not play lol. Who do seem to trust him are the coaches though.

messi1995

Gomes fans, many of them actually. The most criticised player is Deulofeu, not Gomes. I see many Gomes and Denis suarez fans in case you haven't noticed it.

henias

Had to rub my eyes many times. Where is that fanbase lol? He is by far the most criticised player on the squad. He even gets trashed if he does not play lol. Who do seem to trust him are the coaches though.

Exactly people like u love him just bcos 2 coaches Lucho and Valverde loves him. And u are part of the fanbase. If Valverde uses Deulofeu, I bet Deulofeu will be ur number one player. The most criticised are Denis and Deulofeu, not Gomes.

"By far the most criticised", not even close mate. Goes to show how protective fans like u are.

Home of Barca Fans