6 - Carles Alena

Neeraj

I'm so confused. Whatever little I've seen of Alena, he has seemed pretty good. That, and he's generally considered one of the best, if not best talents in La Masia, especially in a position we are desperately in need of reinforcements. All of this considered, would there be ONE logical reason to not have him play against Sporting?

Raketa10

There isn't any single viable reason why he isn't in the squad today except the fact that Valverde is a pussy and that's sums it up. Every fan wants him in the squad but all we get is Gomes, Paulinho, Denis and Rakitic all of the time while none of this 4 is our future! Give this kid a proper chance in the first team!

I sincerely hope that we will sell Gomes and Denis in winter so this kid can get a fair amount of time with the first team! Alena simply can not go on a loan next year. He needs to be part of the first team in 2018/19 and that should be obligatory for Valverde or any other manager next season. Our current club policy toward young players is just embarrassing.

Last edited:

Altomonte

Rakitic played a good match today, was very solid defensively. I'd like to see Alena as well, but there is no need to call Rakitic names. I don't think the Forum should be polluted with that kind of language.

messi1995

Yee sure Denis is better than Aleña because he has a nicer hair? I've wathed them both play against first or third division teams and Aleña is the real deal. How Aleña controll the game is so amazing compared to Denis. Denis is good but he looses possesion too ofen like Gomes and Rakitic while Aleña doing madness. I will come back to you when Aleña is promoted to the first team and you will see who is better.

tacticvarium

Denis has been one of my most favourite young players since his Man. City days but to be completely honest, Aleñá has much bigger potential. I have also watched both Cesc and Thiago when they played for our youth team and for me Aleñá is the best attaking MF talent since Iniesta.

messi1995

I also think Aleña is the best attacking MF talent since Iniesta. The question is if he's a better talent than Thiago at the same age?

khaled_a_d

Cesc was never AM in La Masia, he actually started there as DM and moved to CM permanently under Wenger then became an AM (if you consider him a one)
As for Thiago, I think he was much better than Alena, injuries affected him in the most important phase of his development as professional, he just had insane talent IMHO

Windhook

At this age I agree Thiago was better, but he lacked patience. I believe some basic statistics will prove that most La Masia players become valuable part of the club after the age of 24. Thiago was sold at 22.

messi1995

Wrong. The board pushed him out for money so they could sign Neymar which was a big mistake. The board wanted to lower his buyout clause by not playing him so they could get cheap money for him. Imagine playing Alex Song instead of Xavi Hernandez replacement which we need today.. 😦

JamDav1982

Wrong. The board pushed him out for money so they could sign Neymar which was a big mistake. The board wanted to lower his buyout clause by not playing him so they could get cheap money for him. Imagine playing Alex Song instead of Xavi Hernandez replacement which we need today.. ��

Thats not what happened.

Just a repeated lie time and again.

Home of Barca Fans