6 - Carles Alena

tacticvarium

Official: Aleñá is included in the Spain U21 squad for the EURO qualifier against Slovakia, to be played on 10 October [sefutbol]

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Nice for him.

Not sure he'll get much play time when they have Ceballos, Fornals, Soler, Merino in the squad, but I hope he gets a chance to showcase himself.

Impressive thing is that he's one of three Segunda players called up alongside Marc Gual and Aleix Febas, however he's 19 while both of them are 21.

Last edited:

tacticvarium

Yeah I also hope he gets some playing time but U21 is usually for young La Liga players.
To be included in the team is a great opportunity itself.

messi1995

How did my boy play today? He got a 7.34 on ratings today, above the rest. Heard he also played well and was the MOTM.

Last edited:

messi1995

Another outstanding performance by Aleña. MOTM for sure for his incredible performance. Him, Arnaiz, Palencia, cucullera, Cuenca are impressive players. Arnaiz, Aleña and Palencia deserve promotion to the first team next year. Should wait and see how Cuenca and Cuculerra does + Vitinho ofc.

messi1995

From what I saw today vs Atletico, Carles Aleña would have done a better job than Rakitic and Gomes. Seriously I know he is a B team player but can't people see that he only needs to compete against Roberto, Denis And Iniesta? Just watch him at 24 years old, he will be outstanding.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
[tw]919260956730863616[/tw]

Champions League game against Olympiacos.

I hope he gets called up and gets a chance to play. He deserves it right now and if you're not going to call him up for such games, then when will you?

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Champions League game against Olympiacos.

I hope he gets called up and gets a chance to play. He deserves it right now and if you're not going to call him up for such games, then when will you?

He wont play in that game dont think. Best chance he has is if Barca finish top and gets game at end of group.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
At this point, he is just patiently waiting to be unleashed onto top flight football. They don't know what's coming.

M

MessiCam

I expect him and Arnaiz to be regular first team members very soon.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
At this point, he is just patiently waiting to be unleashed onto top flight football. They don't know what's coming.

I have no doubt that he would be useful considering the state of our midfield. Still, Valverde he done nothing to suggest he'd promote kids.

Messi983

I have no doubt that he would be useful considering the state of our midfield. Still, Valverde he done nothing to suggest he'd promote kids.

It's too soon to say that. I believe his first 3 goals when he came here were:

1. Have a good start resultwise to get some peace back to the club after furious summer we've had. He more than accomplished that.

2. Make a selection out of the players which he already did very quickly. People might disagree with some of his decisions but I think we can agree that roles of the players are already very clear.

3. Find the right system that would fit the players we have the best. He's still trying different things but so far I believe he knows what he's doing.

I think those goals are totally understandable and most coaches are doing the same when they come to the big club from the outside. We can't really compare his situation with Pep who has coached Barça B before and knew players like Busquets and Pedro well enough to promote them. I'm pretty sure EV would do the same if he'd coach Barça B last season.

So I think integrating La Masia kids to first team wasn't his priority in first 3-4 months but he'll start to do that too. I don't expect anyone will get promoted this season but I'm sure Alena will get playing time with first team. And maybe others like Cucu, Palencia or Arnaiz as well. Most of them are also training with first team. But I think Valverde will have a better look at all of them next summer when most of our first teamers will miss some time in preseason because of World Cup.

Truthist

This kid could be the next big thing from La Masia. If he was to play for our first team now I am convinced he would be our best midfielder in no time.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
After spending 120 million on midfielders since 2014 our best trio is still from La Masia (Busi-Roberto-Iniesta) and 4th one is this kid.

Home of Barca Fans