6 - Carles Alena

khaled_a_d

True, but some players are different than others. Some cope better with pressure. I say we play Alena with Busi and Iniesta, and see how he does with the best team next to him. Because if we play him with an experimental side, we can't know for sure how his performance was influenced by having a less coherent platform. Give him a game on Camp Nou against a more than decent team, and we can see what his level is. In the first official game for Barcelona he scored a great goal in the Copa. Scoring on your first game like that can often be a sign of a future great player.

Putting some youngsters together isn't the way to evaluate a player. Putting that player in a working platform and seeing how he copes with that is. I'd like to see the standard team vs Sociedad with Alena instead of Rakitic/Gomes.

I am not against giving him a game here and there but it needs to be done carefully,for now I agree with Lucho approach with him. Integrating him with 1st team squad with some callings and training first.friendlies,Copa and then late minutes in Liga. Probably will be given games in Liga once it is truly over (we are close to that but not yet).
I think the argument of just playing him and see what he does is legitimate now for someone like Palancia,but not for a younger great talent like Alena who is basically enjoying his 1st season in Barca B

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Since Osasuna are in last place and the game is at home, I hope that Aleña gets some good minutes tomorrow. Barca need to rotate after a difficult week as is, this is the perfect time for Aleña to show how much he's adapted/developed during his consistent training with the first team.

God Serena

Since Osasuna are in last place and the game is at home, I hope that Aleña gets some good minutes tomorrow. Barca need to rotate after a difficult week as is, this is the perfect time for Aleña to show how much he's adapted/developed during his consistent training with the first team.

Unlikely to happen. We'll be lucky to see Alena make the bench. We'd be even luckier to see him make a 3 or 4 minute cameo after the game is dead. This is assuming we don't struggle to score a goal the entire game as has often been the case against Ossassuna for some reason.

khaled_a_d

I doubt it tbh at this stage of the season.
Osasuna is bad but we are fighting for Liga,if the game is finished Lucho will probably give the minutes for someone like Denis to get him game time in case we found ourselves in need to use him if someone is injured.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I doubt it tbh at this stage of the season.
Osasuna is bad but we are fighting for Liga,if the game is finished Lucho will probably give the minutes for someone like Denis to get him game time in case we found ourselves in need to use him if someone is injured.

Denis should start as LF. Paco was poor at Bernabeu.

Windhook

Still too early for Carles to make it to Barca first team. He is playing with zero confidence, doesn't hold the ball longer than few seconds. Basically at this level he is trying not to make any mistakes. I like his movement on the right wing, though.

Windhook

For the love of all that is good, he is not a right winger.

I didn't mean that. I meant Alena's movement in Rakitic's position is good. You know that Raki and Sergi Roberto swap positions at some point (for a minute or so) during games, Sergi going forward and Raki dropping behind as RWB.

Zinedinho

I didn't mean that. I meant Alena's movement in Rakitic's position is good. You know that Raki and Sergi Roberto swap positions at some point (for a minute or so) during games, Sergi going forward and Raki dropping behind as RWB.

Yeah, I understood you perfectly, and I agree that he's got the right qualities for that type of role.

God Serena

Not that much but neither Gomes nor Paco deseeved to play more than him and I'd rather see a domestic player get minutes anyway.

Denis is as much a domestic player for us as Sergio Ramos. Flatly refused to join La Masia as a teen and honestly would probably be a much better player if he hadn't.

God Serena

No comments after the game he had?

Solid cameo from our boy. It looks like he fully belongs with this team and he even outperformed Arda although that isn't saying much.

Home of Barca Fans