6 - Carles Alena

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
[youtube]6_iES6HrBQE[/youtube]

Scored a nice goal yesterday and heavily involved in the others. Definitely should get some minutes in the Copa this season.

spark

Very fun player to watch. His physique should help make the transition to senior football more seamless than some others.

BBZ8800

He looks like the smartest young (Barca's) midfielder in the last few years.
And like a true leader.

We will have to see his technical development, stamina and 100s of other areas.

God Serena

He looks like the smartest young (Barca's) midfielder in the last few years.
And like a true leader.

We will have to see his technical development, stamina and 100s of other areas.

Samper himself looked pretty intelligent coming up, but we all see which type of midfielder Lucho prefers.

In my mind's eye, Samper and Alena are the only solid midfielders to come through since Thiago, although I still remain reserved on Alena as he has yet to be promoted to the B team full time.

BBZ8800

Samper himself looked pretty intelligent coming up, but we all see which type of midfielder Lucho prefers.

In my mind's eye, Samper and Alena are the only solid midfielders to come through since Thiago, although I still remain reserved on Alena as he has yet to be promoted to the B team full time.

Samper was smart, he is the only youngster in whom I had hopes.
But 1000s things can go wrong with any player.

I personally still believe in those stories that Samper was scared in some periods.
If it is true, it doesn't mean that he is not good enough for Barca, but on the other hand, if true, I could understand Lucho, because he loves fighters/lions.

Further, Alena seems to understand the game and everything around him perfectly.
And from what I have seen till now, maybe he fits our system more than Samper.
Samper doesn't have enough of movement for a Cm and he is too defensive.
And yet, for a Dmc, he plays too many Pirlo-esque long balls (for our style) and Lucho doesn't like him for some reason.

Also, Alena is physically stronger than Samper.
Plus, he seems to be a leader and doesn't have any confidence issues.
But, he will need 1000s of other things, let's see how he will develop.

Further, about Lucho, this is his 2nd year here, I don't believe that he will stay for more than 3 or 4 years.
So, until Alena will be ready to play, who knows who will be a manager.
If Alena will have a decent pace, stamina, some fighting/defensive skills and good workrate, he has nice chances.
Of course, if his technical skills will be good enough for Barca's level.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

I think Alena has more technical ability than Samper ,reminds me a bit of Thiago
Also he has more nature true position than Samper ,who is basically not a true DM nor a true CM .
But I get God Serena points .100 of things can go wrong and tbh I learned not to rate a player until I see him with B team at least

BBZ8800

I think Alena has more technical ability than Samper ,reminds me a bit of Thiago
Also he has more nature true position than Samper ,who is basically not a true DM nor a true CM .
But I get God Serena points .100 of things can go wrong and tbh I learned not to rate a player until I see him with B team at least

Yes.
It is far too early.

And really 1000s of things can go wrong.
Plus it is hard to judge true abilities in those lower youth ranks.

He looks smart, and that he understands football and playmaking currently.
Plus, he looks mature both physically and mentally for now.

If you don't have those things, you won't make it here.
But also, if you have those things, you still need 100s of other things.
So, let' see whether he will develop other 100s of things also...

navidjaan

If there is any La Masia CM that reminds me of Thiago, it's Kaptoum. Aleña and Samper are different in both their ways.

Home of Barca Fans