6 - Carles Alena

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If there is any La Masia CM that reminds me of Thiago, it's Kaptoum. Aleña and Samper are different in both their ways.

I really hope he stays injury free now. He's a treat to watch and seem(ed) to have a big future ahead. One of the players who certainly look like he can make it to the 1st team.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
If there is any La Masia CM that reminds me of Thiago, it's Kaptoum. Aleña and Samper are different in both their ways.

If you're talking about both Kaptoum and Thiago being fragile, I'd agree but apart from that, Kaptoum is less flashy and better in the Xavi-esque role than Thiago ever was.

God Serena

I personally never understood the constant obsession with likening Thiago to Xavi. He was always closer to an Iniesta type of midfielder than a Xavi to me.

khaled_a_d

I actually never liked the comparison of Thiago to Iniesta either ,nor to Xavi .seemed totally different than both

God Serena

I never compared him to Iniesta, but he seemed to be a better fit for Iniesta's role than he was for Xavi's. The same way Rafinha is (Was?) now.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
I personally never understood the constant obsession with likening Thiago to Xavi. He was always closer to an Iniesta type of midfielder than a Xavi to me.

For me Thiago wasn't anywhere near to being a Xavi style player neither was he as technical as the Don with dem shoulder drops. He came off as too flashy and individual to be a Barca mid and seeing him with Bayern, I still hold to my view.

navidjaan

If you're talking about both Kaptoum and Thiago being fragile, I'd agree but apart from that, Kaptoum is less flashy and better in the Xavi-esque role than Thiago ever was.

Both in terms of fragility and style. Yes, Thiago had more flair, but there's a similarity on their touches and movement is very alike for me. In terms of role in midfield, I agree. Kaptoum lays deeper like Xavi, but he can also play as a 10. He's originally a 6 at pivot, actually. He was moved further up the pitch under Garcia Pimienta at Juvenil B.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Hope I'm not the only one that saw his ridiculous run and goal against Roma just now.

El Flaco

Aleña's goal vs. AS Roma

[gfy]SizzlingThornyKakarikis[/gfy]

Alternative Angle

[gfy]EthicalPreciousGyrfalcon[/gfy]

Home of Barca Fans