6 - Carles Alena

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
At least he's staying. Renewed until 2020.

Hope Valverde gives him a chance and isn't hell bent on playing players who underperform next season just because they need to be given 5 years to reach the next level.

[tw]880037553793110016[/tw]

Trickykid

So little focus on Alena renewing and so much focus on us harassing EVERY La Masia talents out there to a point where they flee the premises on order to salvage their crumbling careers... Pretty telling for this forum.

Hopefully this one and Cocurella will be rewarded for their loyalty and the club for it's trust in them.

JamDav1982

Brilliant news.

Appreciate the lads that stay and fight and dont flee for the money hiding behind excuses of first team opportunities.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Nice. He is adamant on staying at Barca and fighting for a place. I guess those few minutes helped, that is all that is required to convince players to stay here and fight for a chance. Hope valverde does that more often.

JamDav1982

Nice. He is adamant on staying at Barca and fighting for a place. I guess those few minutes helped, that is all that is required to convince players to stay here and fight for a chance. Hope valverde does that more often.

Yep, Lucho gave him minutes and Alena earned it. Didnt leave for money and moan about hypothetical 'chances' to progress.

Last edited:

Icarium

Lifestealer
Yep, Lucho gave him minutes and Alena earned it. Didnt leave for money and money about hypothetical 'chances' to progress.

I also don't have respect for players who leave for money to another big club. Going to a club to get chances you can respect. Garcia made a stupid decision to move to city.

God Serena

I'm very grateful for young players who resist jumping ship and stay to prove their class to Barca. Alena, Cucurella, and Palencia could have all very easily have left this summer. Hopefully Valverde gives them a chance with the first team and we're not forced to endure as much trash play from our big money signings.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Looking forward to see him in action during pre-season.

Come on Aleña, put everyone to shame!

Hamzah

High Definition Member
If we want to emulate madrid success we need to give this guy and the likes of Marlon a chance. It was also the way we built our successful team during pep era.

Home of Barca Fans