6 - Carles Alena

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
No comments after the game he had?

Solid cameo from our boy. It looks like he fully belongs with this team and he even outperformed Arda although that isn't saying much.

That RW or wide midfielder position doesn't suit him. He didn't show much but these minutes will help his confidence.

God Serena

That RW or wide midfielder position doesn't suit him. He didn't show much but these minutes will help his confidence.

Looks to me like his confidence is just fine. Kind of startling how confident he seemed, even. Touches like those aren't frequent from young players.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Carles Aleñá:

“Today was a special day for me. I have come back into the first and furthermore I came on to replace Leo Messi, a dream come true and I will never forget it."

“When you train with the first team and you see the intensity that they train with, you learn a lot. For it’s all positives, there are no negatives. I am a member of the Barça B squad but whenever Luis Enrique needs me, I am here.”

khaled_a_d

Except it isn't even a question,Alena shouldn't have been in 1st team this year regardless our midfield situation,promoting players early can ruin talents. No player was promoted at his age and succeeded here except Messi in last 15 years. He shouldn't be even promoted next year if we are serious about developing him.

God Serena

Except it isn't even a question,Alena shouldn't have been in 1st team this year regardless our midfield situation,promoting players early can ruin talents. No player was promoted at his age and succeeded here except Messi in last 15 years. He shouldn't be even promoted next year if we are serious about developing him.

One could easily say that since Messi no player but Bojan has looked to really be ready for promotion at this age either, though. Fact is that between Gomes, Arda, and Denis none offer anything Alena doesn't and that's basically every midfield backup we have. And this is with Rafinha being hot and cold whenever not injured, Iniesta aging badly and Rakitic not exactly being world class. In fact, I'd go as far as to say we need Alena to be promoted next season.

khaled_a_d

One could easily say that since Messi no player but Bojan has looked to really be ready for promotion at this age either, though. Fact is that between Gomes, Arda, and Denis none offer anything Alena doesn't and that's basically every midfield backup we have. And this is with Rafinha being hot and cold whenever not injured, Iniesta aging badly and Rakitic not exactly being world class. In fact, I'd go as far as to say we need Alena to be promoted next season.

The worst thing you can do is to promote player based on need rather than quality. Alena isn't ready and he is a talent. Promoting him in wrong time is bad for his own too.
He is far from savior either, all what he shows with 1st team is some confidence and not being afraid to be there. non or very few flashes of brilliance or anything which is understandable at this stage of his development.
Simple as it is you promote him and you are risking a talent for almost zero gain. Why? just because of the whole La Masia fetish people have. The club has done the right thing protecting him.
Bojan,GDS,Munir,Sandro was all rushed into 1st team so young. It helped non of them to develop. Thiago was left to develop further when he showed same type of level as Alena,and he is probably a superior talent than him.
This doesn't mean I am with Gomes signing, but take Alena out of the equation/question here. He isn't by any mean part of it.
We don't need to promote Alena, with him we need to think for the best of his development. And he is probably one year away from being at the level of promotion

clemente

The worst thing you can do is to promote player based on need rather than quality. Alena isn't ready and he is a talent. Promoting him in wrong time is bad for his own too.
He is far from savior either, all what he shows with 1st team is some confidence and not being afraid to be there. non or very few flashes of brilliance or anything which is understandable at this stage of his development.
Simple as it is you promote him and you are risking a talent for almost zero gain. Why? just because of the whole La Masia fetish people have. The club has done the right thing protecting him.
Bojan,GDS,Munir,Sandro was all rushed into 1st team so young. It helped non of them to develop. Thiago was left to develop further when he showed same type of level as Alena,and he is probably a superior talent than him.
This doesn't mean I am with Gomes signing, but take Alena out of the equation/question here. He isn't by any mean part of it.
We don't need to promote Alena, with him we need to think for the best of his development. And he is probably one year away from being at the level of promotion

I think you really underestimate what it does for a player to train with barcelona first team for a year.

messi1995

Munir and Sandro was promoted when they were 19 mate like Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets. Aleña is 19 now and should be ready this year or next because there is a rule here in Barca that you need to play two years for the B team.

Home of Barca Fans