6 - Carles Alena

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Very proud that to this day we can produce a great talent in Aleña, La Masia is not dead. We've had midfield woes for a number of years, hopefully Carles can come out to be the solution we need. If the B team gets promoted to the Segunda division, I'd gladly have him splitting his time between the B team and first team.

I think loaning Aleña would be a major risk, talents like these can't have interruptions in a good transition to the first team. I feel like Iniesta in his twilight could be a major influence on Aleña learning and growing into his first team role.

navidjaan

Very proud that to this day we can produce a great talent in Aleña, La Masia is not dead. We've had midfield woes for a number of years, hopefully Carles can come out to be the solution we need. If the B team gets promoted to the Segunda division, I'd gladly have him splitting his time between the B team and first team.

I think loaning Aleña would be a major risk, talents like these can't have interruptions in a good transition to the first team. I feel like Iniesta in his twilight could be a major influence on Aleña learning and growing into his first team role.

Iniesta is the perfect mentor for him, not only off the pitch, but also on it, as one of Carles' weaknesses is working in the tightest of spaces, as his movements can be a bit too big at times.

messi1995

Am I the only one that wish he was short like Xavi and Iniesta? I like it when a CM is 1.70-1.75 like Xavi, Iniesta and Thiago. I believe they have better ball controll and can handle situation way better than tall players. Short players can handle situation where they are marked very well and its tight. Atletico Madrid is a team that marks very good. Other weakness is his defending skills because he needs to learn from Iniesta how to press. But ofc I'm not saying he won't succeed because I'm 90% sure he will. With succeding I'm saying he won't be a just a squad player, but also a important key player like Iniesta.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Zidane 1.85m.

Laudrup 1.83m.

Obviously that's two of the greatest midfielders to grace the game, but just an example of two taller midfielders whose ball control was amazing.

Kroos is 1.82m. Different kind of player, but just another example.

Last edited:

messi1995

Yes maybe you are right. Still I can't forget how world class Xavi and Iniesta were along with Messi. All of them were short, but they still destroyed everybody. I just love when la masia Central/attacking midfielders are short f.ex like Adria Bernabe or something because I dont think he will be 1.80 like Aleña in the future. Thiago is 1.74 and look at him.

Zinedinho

Short players are more likely to have the balance you're talking about, but in my opinion, that's already one of Aleñá's qualities, so I wouldn't worry at all about that.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Got 10 mins. tonight but game was dead and we looked disjointed. Glad he is getting involved, at least.

Total-Football

I remember when a young iniesta came in the last 10-15 minutes.. He passed the ball like he had been a senior player since forever .. it put into perspective the monstruous talent of that generation (iniesta-messi-Sergio-even fabregas). We were truly blessed and we didn't even know it.

Gnidrologist

I remember when a young iniesta came in the last 10-15 minutes.. He passed the ball like he had been a senior player since forever ..
Then we remember very differently, because i remember... i don't remember anything from Iniesta of that time at all. He was pretty much as anonymous as any youngster being given dozen of trash minutes late in the game. You guys should stop inventing stories about glorious past.

Home of Barca Fans