User Tag List

Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1151596061

Thread: Carles Aleña

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursegor View Post
    lol What are you comparing? In 2006 Real Madrid were willing to pay € 60M for 21 year old Iniesta, at a time when the record transfer was still Zidane with 77 million Euros.

At 20 Iniesta had already participated in 37 out of 38 league games and this was with Ronaldinho, Deco, Xavi occupying his positions, not Gomes, Rakitic, Paulinho.

When he was 21, he came on in a CL final and changed the game completely for Barcelona.

Alena is not a special talent like Iniesta. Seriously, one can see that in a player in just 2 or 3 games.
    Iniesta was 22 in CL final in 2006, and in his season aged 20 he played most of the games in place of Giuly as RW, and rotational for the likes of Deco and Xavi.
    Although I don't think Alena is comparable to Iniesta

Danger Ahead
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if should draw conclusions about him from this game. I mean this was one of the toughest matches we played with lots of fouls, bad pitch and bad weather. I remember I was quite impressed with him in preseason when we played against United. It would be interesting to see how he would play at Camp Nou with a first team players.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursegor View Post
    lol What are you comparing? In 2006 Real Madrid were willing to pay € 60M for 21 year old Iniesta, at a time when the record transfer was still Zidane with 77 million Euros.

At 20 Iniesta had already participated in 37 out of 38 league games and this was with Ronaldinho, Deco, Xavi occupying his positions, not Gomes, Rakitic, Paulinho.

When he was 21, he came on in a CL final and changed the game completely for Barcelona.

Alena is not a special talent like Iniesta. Seriously, one can see that in a player in just 2 or 3 games.
    Nobody said he is as special as Iniesta. Whatever gave you that idea? And yes that was 2006... 4 years after making his debut after which he was played in various different positions as predominantly a substitute but the point is he was given regular game time and sufficient time to master his craft at the highest level.