User Tag List

Page 56 of 79 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
Results 826 to 840 of 1175

Thread: Carles Aleña

  1. #826
    Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    271
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes it was Pep's fault that he had so many midfielders, but he still made Thiago happy. He got plenty of playing time, but it was reduced after pep's era. And thats why he wasn't happy because he played 30 mins in 60% of his games when it was clear that he was way better than Fabregas and Song.

    I never accused Tito for knowing anything about the clause. I believe he let the board decide on how this team should be managed. He was wrong to not play Thiago, and I think the board was involved in that because they did the same with Samper. There is a difference between accusing someone and believing they were involved. I believe they were because of what happened to Samper. The only thing I'm sure of is that they pushed Thiago out so they can get money to sign Neymar. Thats also a reason why I believe the board wanted Thiago to play less. In case you don't know, this board doesn't give a shit about what the coach want.

    Sorry for no links. It's hard to find a finished press conferance because they are normally streamed live and then it's finished. It does not leave any links.

    Ronaldinho was never a part of the group. He was never relied at all. The club knew that he was a finished player and Laporta went to his house and told him that Pep didn't counted on him. Want to proof so you can take the L and go away? Because I have proof in this case. Ronaldinho was never relied at all along with many other players loool. Samper was told by Valverde that he counted on him but the day after he was not because the club prefered Paulinho. It's fact no matter what you are saying.

    Song played sometimes as CM which should have been Thiago's spot. Why wasting trash in that position when you have a Thiago? We all know they didn't wanted to keep him.
    Last edited by messi1995; 9th December 2017 at 01:01 AM.

  2. #827
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    19,471
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by messi1995 View Post
    Yes it was Pep's fault that he had so many midfielders, but he still made Thiago happy. He got plenty of playing time, but it was reduced after pep's era. And thats why he wasn't happy because he played 30 mins in 60% of his games when it was clear that he was way better than Fabregas and Song.

    I never accused Tito for knowing anything about the clause. I believe he let the board decide on how this team should be managed. He was wrong to not play Thiago, and I think the board was involved in that because they did the same with Samper. There is a difference between accusing someone and believing they were involved. I believe they were because of what happened to Samper. The only thing I'm sure of is that they pushed Thiago out so they can get money to sign Neymar. Thats also a reason why I believe the board wanted Thiago to play less. In case you don't know, this board doesn't give a shit about what the coach want.

    Sorry for no links. It's hard to find a finished press conferance because they are normally streamed live and then it's finished. It does not leave any links.

    Ronaldinho was never a part of the group. He was never relied at all. The club knew that he was a finished player and Laporta went to his house and told him that Pep didn't counted on him. Want to proof so you can take the L and go away? Because I have proof in this case. Ronaldinho was never relied at all along with many other players loool. Samper was told by Valverde that he counted on him but the day after he was not because the club prefered Paulinho. It's fact no matter what you are saying.

    Song played sometimes as CM which should have been Thiago's spot. Why wasting trash in that position when you have a Thiago? We all know they didn't wanted to keep him.
    Pep had him when he was younger then had him when he played with more midfielders. It was always going to be increasingly difficult to keep them all happy.

    Cant compare the two situations as completely different.

    So Tito is a naive board puppet according to you.

    It doesn make sense for the board to plan to sell Thiago and create a situation where get LESS money for him than would if clause was met.

    Ronaldinho even in that last season was told he was going to be kept on and not sold in summer. Players get told crap all the time and managers also change their mind on players.

    More guessing from you to try and fit a narrative have decided on from outset.

    Song barely ever played CM and nowhere near as much as Thiago did that season and when Xavi misssed a run of games it was Thiago who replaced him.

    Song played CB more than he ever played CM. In fact not sure he ever really played CM.

    Tito chose the team and played Thiago a lot when fit.
    Last edited by JamDav1982; 9th December 2017 at 01:20 AM.

  3. #828
    Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    271
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was just one year difference from Pep's last season and Tito. 20 years old Thiago and 21, not 20 and 25. Thiago barely played many games and thats why the buyout clause went from 90M to 25. Pep managed to keep him happy because he got plenty of playing time while Tito didn't play him enough. Thats my point.

    Not a naive board puppet, but more like a professional coach that didn't want to go against the club even tho he should have.

    It makes sense. Hard to negotiate a deal with others team when the clause is on 90M. They had to hurry on signing Neymar so they decided to play Thiago less to sell him easy. This is not something I making out, but something which have been confirmed by reliable journalists like Roge, Romero and Caldevilla.

    No he was not. Ronaldinho was told by Laporta that Pep didn't count on him. He said: "He (Ronaldinho) needs a new challenge. When a cycle finishes it is normal that the most emblematic pieces also come to an end," Laporta told Catalan television station TV3 on Sunday night. The man started only 13 of 38 league games and you think Pep would keep dead woods? No way. Love Ronnie, but he was not relied on. Please don't tell me I made this shit up because you can search it up.

    Fabregas played instead of Thiago still pissing me off. Yes I was wrong, Song barely played as a CM but Fabregas did. So Thiago was benched by a bad player like Fabregas and thats why he left. But fact remains that he didn't play much. I could see that and it makes sense that a player played few games when he only appeared for 30 mins in 60% of Barca games.

  4. #829
    Senior Member
    Catta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    521
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL
    Fabregas was many things, but he was not a bad player. Was always better than thiago. If thiago can have half a career like Cesc had he should be happy.

  5. #830
    Scandinavian 101
    Deco 20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,654
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Catta View Post
    LOL
    Fabregas was many things, but he was not a bad player. Was never better than thiago though.
    Well Fabregas was better than Thiago in like 2008 imo

  6. #831
    Senior Member
    tacticvarium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    659
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aleñá has completed 55 dribbles in Segunda A this season, more than any other player in the league [laliga]

  7. #832
    Senior Member
    tacticvarium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    659
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barcelona B players with most key passes in the league this season: Aleñá 39 - Cucurella 23 - Galarreta 21 - Arnáiz 14 [sofascore]

  8. #833
    Senior Member
    God Serena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    4,980
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most dribbles and most key passes?

    Spinning his wheels.

  9. #834
    Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    271
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to say sorry to Sergi Roberto for thinking he's not an elite player. Roberto>Aleña still. Even if Roberto doesn't provide controll doesn't mean Aleña is better. I think Aleña will be better, but after 2 years. Roberto has one of the best brilliant football intelligence in la liga.
    Last edited by messi1995; 24th December 2017 at 11:49 PM.

  10. #835
    Member
    BarcaJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    292
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Want to say something here about Thiago, Roberto, Rafa, Alena. I exclude Denis because he can't defend (at all) therefore can't play Barca CM. These 4 players all have enough skill sets to be at least a squad player, a back-up CM for us. And their playing styles are rather similar.
    Talent: Thiago>Alena>Roberto>Rafa
    I remember seeing Thiago played in Spain U21. He was one head above all others, almost a second Iniesta. Too bad things went the other way. Alena had some "wow" moments, especially the Maradona-like goal vs Roma youth team(is it correct?). Roberto was relatively less impressive, but he had a very smooth first touch. Rafa was the least impressive, I once doubted his ability to play in La Liga.
    Close control: Thiago>Roberto=Alena>Rafa
    Alena looked better at it when he was younger. Rafa was not good at it but he was able to keep improving.
    Short pass: Thiago>Rafa>Roberto Alena?
    Rafa moves the ball quickly. Roberto is always "timid" when playing at CM.
    Physicality: Alena=Roberto>Rafa>Thiago
    Thiago went down every time when hit by defenders. In some games he was bullied so often that it became a frustration to watch him. Rafa isn't strong but he constantly fights for the ball. Roberto is amazingly strong; he's actually good at aerial duels. Alena seems quite strong too since quite often I see defenders pulling him but he refuses to go down.
    Overall link-up play:Thiago~Rafa~Roberto Alena? (~ means slightly better.)
    Transition play (to initiate a counter-attack): Thiago>Roberto>Rafa Alena?
    I remember seeing Thiago do some surreal 40-meter long passes. Too bad he can't play CDM. Roberto is good at carrying the ball forward but he often does not have a plan.
    Position awareness in offense: Thiago>Rafa~Roberto Alena?
    Roberto just don't know how to appear in the right place to initiate (or assist) attacks when he plays CM. That's why he looks so out of place playing CM. Thiago was another case. When I watched him I always believed in him improving in this area. Years later he made little progress.
    Position awareness in defense: Roberto>Rafa~Thiago Alena?
    Thiago tried hard but just couldn't defend. (Still better than Denis... Denis is pathetic in that area.) Roberto is the only one who can play CDM.
    Scoring goals: Alena~Thiago>Rafa~Roberto
    At this age Alena is already better at shooting. At least he can deliver some powerful long shots. Hope he will continue.

    I stopped following Thiago when he went to Bayern. Maybe he's a better player now, but when he played for us he was good, solid against weak teams but never a key player in big games.
    These three players all have their own problems. Thiago being too flimsy, Roberto too timid, Rafa not technical enough, therefore their link-up plays are actually worse than Pedro in his prime. Surprisingly Paulinho linked up with Messi quite well despite his poor first touch. Maybe experience plays a role here too. Anyway, none of these three turn out to be Xavi/Iniesta's successor. I like Alena because he's an all-around player without obvious shortcomings (at least for now). Hope he has a better luck than Thiago.

  11. #836
    Senior Member
    Joppe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    2,271
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Catta View Post
    LOL
    Fabregas was many things, but he was not a bad player. Was always better than thiago. If thiago can have half a career like Cesc had he should be happy.
    wtf r u on about. Fabregas has been irrelevant for over 5 years while Thiago is one of the best midfielders in the world and hasn't even reached his peak yet lmao.

  12. #837
    Senior Member
    Alik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    6,453
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joppe View Post
    wtf r u on about. Fabregas has been irrelevant for over 5 years while Thiago is one of the best midfielders in the world and hasn't even reached his peak yet lmao.
    Thiago has been injured for half his career. He hasn't reached his peak and probably never will.

    Fabregas has had a much better career and that's not debatable at all.

    And he hasn't been irrelevant for over 5 years. What are you on about?

  13. #838
    Senior Member
    Joppe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    2,271
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alik View Post
    Thiago has been injured for half his career. He hasn't reached his peak and probably never will.

    Fabregas has had a much better career and that's not debatable at all.

    And he hasn't been irrelevant for over 5 years. What are you on about?
    What do you mean by "much better career"? Trophy wise sure but thiago is 5 years younger and would've already established himself as one of the greats hadn't Fabregas forced him move out of the club.

  14. #839
    Member
    Jallo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    318
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


  15. #840
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Bucharest
    Posts
    12,515
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All talk, little action in terms of developing domestic talent for Valverde.

Tags for this Thread