6 - Carles Alena

FC433

I like him, but not as a CM in a two holding-CMs formation. To play a one-footed player in that position is very risky!

khaled_a_d

I like him, but not as a CM in a two holding-CMs formation. To play a one-footed player in that position is very risky!

I lost hope in Alena tbh but changing his positions is one of those risks that are interesting to see.
If you are putting it on paper, Alena has qualities that allow him to play this position, but irl it is different thing. Player change positions all the time, sometime it works and sometimes it sucks.
Thiago Motta started his career coming from B team as SS/AM, we turned him into defensive DM, and even used him a CB when needed (ironically it was against Benfica team coached by Koeman iirc)
Alena as CM, played very high on the field, loved to go to penalty areas and was overall closer to Rafinha than Motta. If he can be disciplined to keep his ground, be aggressive without the ball then he might be decent choice.
That being said, I won't be surprised if we sold him :lol:

FC433

^
the only issue with him is that he will not be able to distribute the ball well enough with only one foot. It is essential for players in that position to use both feet. Let us wait and see.

hardyboy

The most useless player in the squad. Doesn't deserve to wear that shirt let alone No. 6

Last edited:

ManusXavi

I am happy with this. I am probably the only one but i am consistent on this threat. In my limited opinion he will do fine. I mean he is a youth product so he is free. We could do worse.

clemente

Relax he will be fine, what is a point to attack a 22 year old for not being good enough :lol: he is at the age where he can still invent himself

Sorin

Why did Koeman chose to keep this guy if he doesn't even play him? Hell, the one guy he told to leave on loan(Puig), got a couple of cameos ahead of him. Koeman decisions are suspect, gives the impression that he doesn't know what he's doing and just wings it. Absolutely baffling.

Last edited:

tacticvarium

Koeman: "With Ale?? I spoke about his future here, as with Riqui. I have seen Ale?? with a lot of desire in training, wanting to improve as a pivot."

Looks like Koeman wants to develop Alena as a pivot?

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
This guy is the definition of mediocrity. A super safe player that can't use his right foot to save his life. Roberto in comparison to him is three times as talented.

Home of Barca Fans