6 - Carles Alena

xXKonan

According to rac1, he will get the greenlight on Thursday and will be in the Barca B squad to face Sabadell.

God Serena

Looks like he's going to play for the B team tomorrow. Gonna be interesting to see if he immediately stands out as Barca B's former best player, or if he needs to get back into the swing of things fully. Cuz if he does hit the ground running all those Riqui fanboys will look pretty stupid...

Saladin

Did he play today? And how did he do? Noticed the B-team picked up their first win with our top striker Own Goal at it again.

God Serena

It's like he's making these comments specifically for DonAK. He's confirmed Alena is a first team player like 3 times now since Don said he's registered with the B team and has a non first team number. Maybe he does read this forum...

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It's like he's making these comments specifically for DonAK. He's confirmed Alena is a first team player like 3 times now since Don said he's registered with the B team and has a non first team number. Maybe he does read this forum...

Nothing I said is wrong though.

Number 26, registered with Barca B.

Why? I can only speculate. Won't be surprised to see him go out on a loan in January.

soul24rage

Why? I can only speculate. Won't be surprised to see him go out on a loan in January.

I hope he does go on loan. Knowing EV, he's not going to get a lot of game time with Busi, Rakitic, Vidal, Coutinho, and Arthur around. Bob also is more likely to play in midfield than Alena and there's still Rafinha to compete with if Rafinha stays for this season.

God Serena

I hope he does go on loan. Knowing EV, he's not going to get a lot of game time with Busi, Rakitic, Vidal, Coutinho, and Arthur around. Bob also is more likely to play in midfield than Alena and there's still Rafinha to compete with if Rafinha stays for this season.

Bob isn't more likely to play in midfield than anyone, considering he's starting every game at RB.

soul24rage

Bob isn't more likely to play in midfield than anyone, considering he's starting every game at RB.

If both Semedo & Bob are fit and all the other midfielders are suspended/injured except Busi, Rakitic and Alena, then I think EV would rather start Bob rather than Alena in a 433 with Busi and Rakitic in the midfield. If Semedo is also suspended/injured, then Bob would be the RB and Alena the third midfielder. EV is the type of man who would rather start a player who is more experienced even if the other player might have greater potential.

khaled_a_d

It is a formality, he is still under 22 so even if he plays every game with 1st team he is still registered as B team player and doesn't take a 1st team spot in case we needed it.

Yeah he won't get many minutes, yet it is still better for him to stay with 1st team
Playing minutes doesn't always equals better development,many players are integrated slowly with their respective teams and yet develop from the bench like S.Roberto himself, Ceballos last year and the list goes on.
EV is a coach who integrates players slowly, even record breaking players like Coutinho & Dembele had to accept that slow integration within the team.
Alena need to take the step and be 1st team players, it is better for him to stay here and establish that rather than go for a meaningless loan in January with unknown outcome, then come back again to start the process of slow integration especially considering there is a real possibility that EV stays as our coach next year

God Serena

If both Semedo & Bob are fit and all the other midfielders are suspended/injured except Busi, Rakitic and Alena, then I think EV would rather start Bob rather than Alena in a 433 with Busi and Rakitic in the midfield. If Semedo is also suspended/injured, then Bob would be the RB and Alena the third midfielder. EV is the type of man who would rather start a player who is more experienced even if the other player might have greater potential.

No, I'd still think Roberto would start in midfield. Semedo just isn't any good. And if given any amount of time to develop before such a nightmare scenario occurs Alena can easily be better in midfield than Semedo is at RB (Not very hard to do).

soul24rage

Yeah he won't get many minutes, yet it is still better for him to stay with 1st team
Playing minutes doesn't always equals better development,many players are integrated slowly with their respective teams and yet develop from the bench like S.Roberto himself, Ceballos last year and the list goes on.
EV is a coach who integrates players slowly, even record breaking players like Coutinho & Dembele had to accept that slow integration within the team.
Alena need to take the step and be 1st team players, it is better for him to stay here and establish that rather than go for a meaningless loan in January with unknown outcome, then come back again to start the process of slow integration especially considering there is a real possibility that EV stays as our coach next year

I guess it really depends on the player, his luck and the type of club he joins. Hopefully you're right that he improves more if he stays here than going out on loan. He needs to be very patient as the players that I listed (except for Rafinha who I think might be leaving soon) will probably stay here until the end of next season and with the huge interest in De Jong... Maybe Bob can teach him a thing or two on the virtue of patience.

No, I'd still think Roberto would start in midfield. Semedo just isn't any good. And if given any amount of time to develop before such a nightmare scenario occurs Alena can easily be better in midfield than Semedo is at RB (Not very hard to do).

Did you mean "I'd still think Roberto would start in RB"? If it were up to me, I would start Alena in midfield and keep Bob in RB as I think Alena has great potential. But I just think EV will not see it that way. Let's see and hope for the best for Alena and Barca

Joan

Not in the B team squad for tomorrow. Would be surprised to see him in the squad against Girona. Trained regularly. Unusual.

Home of Barca Fans