6 - Carles Alena

God Serena

Out until September or October it seems.

Yes, we need two midfielders. Offload all the flops. And ditch Griezmann if he's still leaning towards staying.

Dembele was out with the same injury for 3.5 months. Alena will be back by mid August. In time for the start of the season, but no pre-season.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Dembele was out with the same injury for 3.5 months. Alena will be back by mid August. In time for the start of the season, but no pre-season.

July, August, September

That's 3 months. Catalan Press speculating it's more likely 4 than 3.

So October. Where did you get August from?

Anyway, we'll get an official figure after his surgery. All that we know is that it's the shittiest timing ever.

God Serena

July, August, September

That's 3 months. Catalan Press speculating it's more likely 4 than 3.

So October. Where did you get August from?

Anyway, we'll get an official figure after his surgery. All that we know is that it's the shittiest timing ever.

He's probably not sitting on his bum waiting for July to get his surgery. Even me as a mere peasant in a country with no health care could get surgery within 2 weeks. A footballer playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world would surely be able to get the surgery done quickly.

And honestly, who cares about the Catalan press throwing bullshit around to sell papers?

DonAK

He's probably not sitting on his bum waiting for July to get his surgery. Even me as a mere peasant in a country with no health care could get surgery within 2 weeks. A footballer playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world would surely be able to get the surgery done quickly.

And honestly, who cares about the Catalan press throwing bullshit around to sell papers?

I cannot believe I have to explain this.

Let's say he has his surgery 15th June.

One month from 15th June is 15th July. Two Months from the 15th June is the 15th of August. Three months from the date of the surgery is the 15th September.

And if it's 3.5 months like Dembélé it will push him towards the end of September/Early October.

The normal recovery time is 3 to 4 months and they are NOT going to play him right away without a mini pre-season of some sort after that injury.

Last edited:

DonAK

How do you even establish that 3 months from the surgery date in June is Mid-August?

God Serena

I can tell you've got a bit of a pole stuck up your ass at the moment seeing that you're being so argumentative when I'm not, but I'm counting 3 months, June, July, and August. If he gets the surgery, say, tomorrow or the day after, he'd miss... June, July, and August. Possibly part of September if the half month part rings true.

tacticvarium

Omg can't still believe this happened to him at this very crucial stage of his career.
He is 20 and already wasted 0.5 year at the B team. Hope he doesn't end up like Samper.:(

DonAK

I can tell you've got a bit of a pole stuck up your ass at the moment seeing that you're being so argumentative when I'm not, but I'm counting 3 months, June, July, and August. If he gets the surgery, say, tomorrow or the day after, he'd miss... June, July, and August. Possibly part of September if the half month part rings true.

After you said he'd be back for the start of the season in Mid-August and only miss pre-season, mmkay :thumbsup:

Let's see what they say after his surgery.

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Shit luck. Without a proper pre-season there is no way EV will use him next season. I would be glad to be wrong but I think he will waste the next year on bench and then get loaned out for 1-2 seasons.

Catta

Damn, tough luck. It could be that his Barca career ended before it even started. I expect he will not get much game time except for the odd copa match in the first half of the season, and in January he will probably be sent out on loan.

Home of Barca Fans