6 - Carles Alena

khaled_a_d

Thoughts on Valverde's decision to exclude Denis and Delfeou for Aleña and Arnaiz? I like that. If you don't perform, others will get the chance. Not like Lucho that gave Gumbau more chances than Samper or Arda more than others. Imaging giving Arda more chanches than others lmfao

ِArda was given his fair chance as a new player, not like he took minutes of anyone
And Lucho used Munir & Sandro a lot in 1st year and promoted them in 2nd season. EV is yet to do so.
Gumbau, he was a B team player too so I don't understand the complain here, Samper was playing his worst football at that time and Lucho thought to see what Gumbau have and it was for a brief time anyway.

messi1995

Arda got a lot of chances and never impressed. One of the worst transfer ever. Remember that he has played here since 2015 and got a lot of playing time.

Munir and Sandro were only promoted because of Pedro's departure, not because Lucho trusted them. Also we had transer ban and couldn't sign a replacement for them, so they had to stay. Anyway I won't blame him for not playing them.. they were simply not good enough.

Gumbau was shit, not even close to Samper. Gumbau never impressed something Samper did in some games. Samper is waaaaaay better than Gumbau but ofc Lucho preferred a physical player instead of a technical one. Also no one can explain why Lucho preferred Gumbau over Samper like they can't explain how Camara played over Grimaldo. Samper was Las Palmas best player until he got injured while Gumbau is bad for Leganes. And Grimaldo is loved by every Benfica fans while Camara is playing for Reus in Segunda.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Munir and Sandro was promoted for the sole reason that Lucho thought they were great, Zubi wanted to get other attackers im 2014 and Lucho declined and put faith in both, in 2015 they were both promoted just after Pedro renewed.
And both were one of our brightest talents in past few years, probably the best between Thiago and Alena, arguably the looked even better than Alena at some point
Gumbau was shit , but he didn't play much , last game with 1st team was on November, at same time Samper was struggling big time, wasn't even a sure starter at end of the 14/15 season. Gumbau played a total 237 minutes with 1st team including 162 minutes in meaningless CL game and CDR , Samper got 443 minutes with 1st team in same season, not sure how is that Gumbau over Samper
Arda was huge mistake, but his chances was after he was signed which is normal for a new player, and during Neymar absence (the only time he played well), after that he was either on bench or injured. It isn't like he really took the minutes of any toungster

Jallo

Munir and Sandro was promoted for the sole reason that Lucho thought they were great, Zubi wanted to get other attackers im 2014 and Lucho declined and put faith in both, in 2015 they were both promoted just after Pedro renewed.
And both were one of our brightest talents in past few years, probably the best between Thiago and Alena, arguably the looked even better than Alena at some point
Gumbau was shit , but he didn't play much , last game with 1st team was on November, at same time Samper was struggling big time, wasn't even a sure starter at end of the 14/15 season. Gumbau played a total 237 minutes with 1st team including 162 minutes in meaningless CL game and CDR , Samper got 443 minutes with 1st team in same season, not sure how is that Gumbau over Samper
Arda was huge mistake, but his chances was after he was signed which is normal for a new player, and during Neymar absence (the only time he played well), after that he was either on bench or injured. It isn't like he really took the minutes of any toungster

What about Juan Camara over Grimaldo?

FCBfan22

What worries me is the fact that he was the only B player (as far I have seen) in training today. No Arnaiz and no Oriol.

*Edit: Varo is training too.

Last edited:

Joan

Really hope he'll be given a proper chance tomorrow.
Excpet Iniesta, there's no creativity in our midfeield, we could use a boost in the comming weeks. I've always liked Denis, but it's better to try some new options.

messi1995

My boy Aleña in the starting lineup. 😍 If Valverde wants to give Aleña chances like this and then promote him to the first team at end of the season, then I want to apologize for thinking he's disrespecting La masia. Lucho also gave youth players chances, but never gave them enough chances to prove themself so we will see Valverde's plan for Aleña. Maybe I should stop moan and actually wait and see. At Bilbao he gave many youth players chances, so maybe I should be patient. Hard to not moan when managers since Pep never count on any la masia players but I will be patient for now.

Last edited:

messi1995

I don't see anything wrong about it. Remember when Busquets started game in el clasico when he was at the same age? Even Tello got chances in El clasico. Need to test Aleña in derbys/El clasico or other big games. This is just copa so I think it was a good decision

Home of Barca Fans