6 - Carles Alena

soul24rage

I mean, Rayo is 19th in La Liga, sporting a whooping -10 goal difference and if the young/bench guys can't get minutes against this kind of team, then they won't ever be able to get minutes. There's no excuse for not playing them. Ditto with Malcom, who even though hasn't had a good match against Leonesa, should have been given some confidence and be on the bench at least and again some minutes in the second half. This is how young guys grow, not by playing with fear of being dropped to the fucking stands for every goddamn mistake they make.

I could understand what you're saying, but we faced Leganes when they were like 19th and we lost even with Messi. Ofc Pique gave that first goal away but we are never guaranteed to win in any football match. With ATM losing points today, let's not get complacent just because the team we are facing a team in 19th. I would only bring Alena on if we are winning by 2 goals or more.

serghei

I could understand what you're saying, but we faced Leganes when they were like 19th and we lost even with Messi. Ofc Pique gave that first goal away but we are never guaranteed to win in any football match. With ATM losing points today, let's not get complacent just because the team we are facing a team in 19th. I would only bring Alena on if we are winning by 2 goals or more.

Of course you can lose against any team if you play like shit. Don't understand your logic. If we lost against Leganes with the starters, then it's even more reason not to assume that tired and complacent starters are better than rested, fresh youngsters who feel they have a point to prove. The point is to build a selection of 16-18 players of good enough level so that the starters don't get either complacent, or tired (god forbid both). Not to mention the injuries.

We lost against Leganes with more or less the gala 11 so to speak. How is this reason not to trust youngsters in these games, when it's the usual starters that screwed the pooch in the first place in that game?

Last edited:

soul24rage

Of course you can lose against any team if you play like shit. Don't understand your logic. If we lost against Leganes with the starters, then it's even more reason not to assume that tired and complacent starters are better than rested, fresh youngsters who feel they have a point to prove. The point is to build a selection of 16-18 players of good enough level so that the starters don't get either complacent, or tired (god forbid both). Not to mention the injuries.

We lost against Leganes with more or less the gala 11 so to speak. How is this reason not to trust youngsters in these games, when it's the usual starters that screwed the pooch in the first place in that game?

Sorry if I made you misunderstood as I left out a key word in my post. What I tried to say is that we shouldn't play the likes of Alena in an away game yet, even if the team are in 19th place. We should never underestimate teams that are playing at their home as we could get freak results. We all thought that Leganes away would give us the win seeing they are at 19th so we played the likes of Munir at striker and Vermaelen at LB.

I love Alena and he should have been bedded in to the first team a lot sooner in La Liga games last season and be a fully trusted member this season. Unfortunately that is not the case. If I were EV, I would only start him in vs teams like Leganes and Vallecano or whoever is in the bottom of the league in the home games for this season and trust him for away games next season. If we are winning by 2 goals or more today, then sure sub him in but today's not the right game to start him, especially with the chance to extend our lead over ATM.

Sorin

So Valverde rewarded Alena's good game against Leonesa with the pleasure of warming the bench. Good guy Valverde. Inspiration for all the youth players around the world.

Imagine Malcom's face since this was the excuse for him being in the stands.

Meanwhile useless players like Munir even get to play.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
2 minutes against Betis incoming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just joking he won't even make the squad probably...

Malcom treatment incoming - Bought a player without my consent? I am not playing him. Recommending a player to be played in my team without me asking for it? I am NOT playing him!

tacticvarium

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/300237043?byline=0&portrait=0" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hope he gets more and more playing times in both Liga and CdR.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Do you think he trusts her?
Yesterday's game, Valverde had lost hope and he had no choice but to get Alena off the bench.

Considering that there is no such thing as "had no choice but" the answer is yes, I think he has put more faith into him

Home of Barca Fans