6 - Carles Alena

soul24rage

With De Jong coming in and Rakitic looking very likely to stay with that EV staying, what's going to happen to this guy?

We're going to have De Jong, Rakitic, Busi, Vidal, Arthur and Bob (EV is more likely to start him over Alena in the big games) as CM options.

Even if Semedo leaves to ATM and Bob becomes a permanent RB, there's still too many CM options to compete with.

If I were him, I would ask for a loan for the coming season as I think he wouldn't get enough playing time this coming season.

Last edited:

tacticvarium

Both Aleñá and Puig are making the dumbest decision. They should either ask for a loan or permanent move to other team with buyback option.

Raketa10

This dude can't even make it to the Spain U21 team so what are we even talking about? Unfortunately he just isn't good enough. Thiago Alcantara was last Barca level player produced by La Masia.

The funniest thing is that Dani Olmo went to Dinamo Zagreb and he developed nicely while Alena stayed in "famous" La Masia and became worse version of Rafinha.

Last edited:

Arizona Scott

This dude can't even make it to the Spain U21 team so what are we even talking about? Unfortunately he just isn't good enough. Thiago Alcantara was last Barca level player produced by La Masia.

The funniest thing is that Dani Olmo went to Dinamo Zagreb and he developed nicely while Alena stayed in "famous" La Masia and became worse version of Rafinha.

Alena is good enough to train as part of the squad and can play in a pinch. See no reason why you would not want him as part of our 20 something UCL squad, is Spanish and locally trained and he has shown enough that he can be played. I doubt he will ever be world class but you need a squad, and preferably with some nationals/locals. And maybe he will some day surprise some of us not that high on him.

Alik

Aleña's performances last season showed that he has potential to be a squad player here.

That being said, I am not sure if there will be space for him next season, if Busi, Rakitic and Valverde remain.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Wonder what happens with Alena now that we added de Jong to midfield. Ideally, Rakitic would leave and fill Barca coffers, and Vidal, Alena and Puig would be players to come from the bench.

Sorin

Alena needs to be loaned out or sold with a buy back clause. He is currently not even good enough for our bench and the ocasional copa del rey game won't do him any good. Needs game time badly.

By the end of the season Puig will already be better than him anyway.

EdmondDantes

He needs a loan.

He's too comfortable here I feel. Get him away from his cozy Barca bubble and let him fight through his development elsewhere. It will be good for him, since he's talented.

Look how Odegaard has improved after years here and there, and at one point he looked nowhere near good enough, now he's beginning to look like a proper player.

One of the first posts i posted on this website is this kid will NEVER be good enough to play for Barca. He's had enough chances and it's clear as it's ever been. A sale will be best for both parties.

Home of Barca Fans