6 - Carles Alena

This season have been a little bit of a waste for him. He's had to carry Barca B in a shit situation only to get relegated, and because of the shit situation they've been trying to survive, Valverde has not had the vision to take him out and play him in some La Liga games.

Lucho had his share of flaws, but apart from Samper he gave chances to players like Munir, Sandro. Valverde keep telling the press how much he rates Alena and he trains quite a lot with the first team, but he need to play with our best players to improve. Whenever he's played it's been with guys like Gomes and Vidal....

There is no guarantee he will succeed or become a starter for us, but he has that *it* factor that someone like Roberto has always lacked. The ability to create something out of nothing and make dynamic plays.

agree, think we shuld sell dembele for big monies and replace him with aleyna.

khaled_a_d

For me Gerard has played Lopez to his strength as an attacking midfielder who is responsible for initiating and creating things. I think that was a good step for him, some prefer to teach player discipline earlier and work on their weakness but I think using them to their strength might be as important

I don't know where he is gonna play next season, 442 and he is a Dembele replacement, 433 and he is AM. EV has a problem that he can be a bit tough on his players with playing time if they don't perform which will be challenge for Alena, but hope he will do fine

God Serena

For me Gerard has played Lopez to his strength as an attacking midfielder who is responsible for initiating and creating things. I think that was a good step for him, some prefer to teach player discipline earlier and work on their weakness but I think using them to their strength might be as important

I don't know where he is gonna play next season, 442 and he is a Dembele replacement, 433 and he is AM. EV has a problem that he can be a bit tough on his players with playing time if they don't perform which will be challenge for Alena, but hope he will do fine

As if. Players get perma-benched and put into the starting XI/first sub spot seemingly at complete random. Paulinho never found a bench spot despite being shit from January-May, Gomes had a long string of games where he was given the chance to play like shit, including being the first sub against Roma :)lol:), and Vidal was for a period of time starting over Dembele despite never putting in anything better than a 2/10 performance since Valverde came.

The real problem Alena will have to face is making it into becoming one of Valverde's favorites. Once you become a favorite of his you can play dozens of poor games and still get minutes, whether you deserve them or not. How it's possible to become one of his favorites is a massive question mark as many of his decisions on who to play genuinely make no sense at all but if Alena can't do it he'll be sitting next to Denis all season regardless of form.

messi1995

Thoughts on his season? Will mostly be promoted this season. I think he has carried this Barca B. His weakness is defending, some decision making and weak under tight space. I think he will grow but needs to improve.

xXKonan

[tw]1003653048042999809[/tw]

He will have to have surgery, the same surgery Dembele had with the same doctor as well.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Out until September or October it seems.

Yes, we need two midfielders. Offload all the flops. And ditch Griezmann if he's still leaning towards staying.

Last edited:

Raketa10

Those are terrible news! Without a proper preseason he won’t be able to contribute much next season. Really sad for him. :(

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans