6 - Carles Alena

clemente

You have eyes don't you? Why are you all so biased? If Gomes played a match like this you would shit all over him but since this is La Masia kid he was "superb"? Come on get a grip. I hope the kid will succeed but he was mediocre yesterday. He basically had a few good moves and when Rakitic was subbed off our midfield completely lost control not to mention that our second half ball possession was quite bellow 50%.

We can choose to lie to ourselves but this is not the right way to go. This was his debut in CL and he needs time like any young player. I believe this kid can succeed but I for sure won't lie to myself and claim he had a great match. He simply didn't but rarely any player has a great debut. As I said he needs playing time and patience but he also needs to improve his first touch.

[MENTION=20420]God Serena[/MENTION] I know you like La Masia kids (especially Alena) and so do I and I also hope he will surpass Rakitic in every aspect of the game but for now he is far from that. Only sure thing is that he needs plying time and I sincerely hope Valverde will give him more minutes from now on.

So I ask you why it was a poor game and all you have to say "don't be biased"? This performance was way better than any of Gomes performances, he showed great first touch and great passing, all the other positioning and chemistry with the team will come with time. Of course he will have some mistakes, do you expect him to go mistakeless for the whole match? Against a team that has starting 11 pretty much as good as our best 11 and it is literally their decider whether they will proceed to CL knockouts? We aren't playing against some bums here. You only look at the mistakes and completely ignorant about the good things he did.

BusiTheKing

Well, if he did like Rakitic & just didn't run to make himself available unless he was in loads of space, then he would probably make fewer mistakes.

He and Arthur consistently put themselves in risky positions to relieve teammates, while Rakitic walks around in the shade and looks on. In technical ability and intelligence, he's a good chunk behind Rakitic, but I would still take have Alena on as it stands now.

And if you question that sentiment, ask yourselfs how it's possible that we've been dominated multiple times in these past few years by teams with midfielders much less talented than both Rakitic and Alena.

Last edited:

vlad

La masia is getting overrated so much since that great generation, no wonder why coaches doesnt give them chances, samper was next busi, there were also hope in adama, where is this guy now? Now alena and puig is new iniesta... i have a feeling that every la masia player who can dribble and have some flashy moves against minions is getting heavily overrated based on that

Best player that la masia produced since xavi&iniesta, is sergi roberto and he gets alot of shit here, that is la masia reality these days, and why would it be different? This incompetent board picks scouts, coaches and everything what is about la masia, they are incompetent on highest level since they dont care how barca looks on the pitch, so why would they be competent with developing young talents

Edit: maybe for the change and to make it easier for those kids stop comparing them to 2 world best midfielders ever, lower you expectations and accept that barca will never look good as during pep's period

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
La masia is getting overrated so much since that great generation, no wonder why coaches doesnt give them chances, samper was next busi, there were also hope in adama, where is this guy now? Now alena and puig is new iniesta... i have a feeling that every la masia player who can dribble and have some flashy moves against minions is getting heavily overrated based on that

Best player that la masia produced since xavi&iniesta, is sergi roberto and he gets alot of shit here, that is la masia reality these days, and why would it be different? This incompetent board picks scouts, coaches and everything what is about la masia, they are incompetent on highest level since they dont care how barca looks on the pitch, so why would they be competent with developing young talents

Edit: maybe for the change and to make it easier for those kids stop comparing them to 2 world best midfielders ever, lower you expectations and accept that barca will never look good as during pep's period

Thiago Alcantara, but he left so...

vlad

Thiago Alcantara, but he left so...

He is good when he is healthy, but thats not often, so i dont think barca made a mistake when they let him go, he isnt reliable player, if that wasnt the case, pep would do everything to bring him to city

Last edited:

Joan

What does fans overrating La Masia products have to do with anything? You put trust in youth so you don't have to buy a shiny toy for every single posistion. No room for mythologies there.

clemente

To me his main asset was his perfect first touch, but today he was seriously not being able to controll the ball, really frustrating to watch, as I said he should have been loaned out, there still is time until window closes, he is degrading his talent sitting on the bench.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
To me his main asset was his perfect first touch, but today he was seriously not being able to controll the ball, really frustrating to watch, as I said he should have been loaned out, there still is time until window closes, he is degrading his talent sitting on the bench.

I think that was more a consequence of the pitch, everyone was losing the ball with bad touches, slips and sloppy passes

Home of Barca Fans