6 - Carles Alena

Jakabor

Idiot. Why is he trying to pass to Messi when he has lot of space in front of him?

And he fails the easy pass.

tacticvarium

Senior players' complacency and cowardness are infecting Aleñá :(

I'm also tired of our shitty Messidependencia tactics.
It's always Messi Messi Messi Messi Messi, pass to Messi, let fucking Messi score a fucking goal tactics.

God Serena

Obsessively passing to Messi is Valverde tactics.

It's amazing how any coach that comes in can get unlimited time here because "Pass to Messi and pray" is literally all the tactical thinking you need for job security.

Tackle

[tw]1136719387212353542[/tw]

What a talent. Must be Valverde's fault.

#FuckValverde

Bring Pep back home and he'll turn Alena and Puig into starters for the next 10 years.

Porque

Not too bothered about him missing out on the U21 squad. It is a disappointment but he dropped off at the end of the season after a period where it looked like it was his becoming as a first team squad player.

This was around MD32 when the treble was on and rotations started. Then he plays 0 minutes home to Man Utd even with a 3-0 lead, is benched the game after, and is benched around the Liverpool ties. After we crash out of the CL he is benched for the last two LaLiga nothing games.

Way to go Ernie.

Raketa10

[tw]1136719387212353542[/tw]

Unfortunately he just isn't good enough. Puig is our next hope but as things stand right now I sincerely doubt any of those two will succeed here. To be fair maybe we will have to wait for Xavi Simons in order to have one "top class" La Masia midfielder in the squad again. That's at least 4 more years if he'll continue to develop like we all hope.

Last edited:

Raketa10

Neither is Riqui Puig but people paint him as the next big thing..

Yeah I just wrote that. Basically if we could put together Puig's technique and creativity with Alena's physique and goal scoring capabilities than we would get one proper midfielder for Barca. Unfortunately neither of them has the "entire package" required for playing important role in the club like Barca.

Last edited:

Lomar1o

Yeah I just wrote that. Basically if we could put together Puig's technique and creativity with Alena's physique and goal scoring capabilities than we would get one proper midfielder for Barca. Unfortunately neither of them has the "entire package" required for playing important role in the club like Barca.

Just read it and I agree, about Xavi Simons as well. Looking forward to seeing how De Jong performs for us

tacticvarium

Ilaix Moriba is probably the last hope for La Masia in case both Aleñá and Puig fail to reach the top level.
There isn't really any exciting talents from La Masia at least for the next 5-6 years after Moriba.
And I don't even have high hopes for Moriba either.

Potroh

There isn't really any exciting talents from La Masia at least for the next 5-6 years...

And that is very very NORMAL.
Neither La Masia or any other academy is a factory to assure that outstanding talents will emerge every season. It's impossible.

Talents - not only in football but in arts, science, even politics, etc. - come in certain periods only.
It's a sinus-wave and it's absolutely natural to have the UPs and the DOWNs.

There was an exceptionally rich period at La Masia, so a flat-line, a negative curve is just unavoidable.
Our world works like that...

tacticvarium

I am well aware of that but the thing is there aren't even any interesting 'annual' best talents from La Masia right now lol. Things look even worse than the usual.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans