6 - Carles Alena

Sorin

In the stands once again tonight, sadly predictable too.

Alena didn't do himself any favours by having poor games, however, the fact that Valverde didn't tell him to look for a team to be loaned out as he wouldn't count on him too much is just another classic fuck up from the manager. The board is also at fault for utter incompetent squad planning. Instead of having a solid plan and a set squad of players since the middle of the summer, we tried to trade everyone and their mother to PSG for Neymar, in late August. What fucked up kind of planning is that?

EdmondDantes

While last season was another story, he wasn't poor in those 45 minutes away to Bilbao though. It's just a case of lowest man in the totem pole being set aside for players with more clout after the board failed to move players on.

Reports even suggest it was Valverde that blocked his loan move to Betis (probably due to Rakitic/Vidal leaving which in the end didn't happen) and now he's 7th pick.

FinBarcelonafan

While last season was another story, he wasn't poor in those 45 minutes away to Bilbao though. It's just a case of lowest man in the totem pole being set aside for players with more clout after the board failed to move players on.

Reports even suggest it was Valverde that blocked his loan move to Betis (probably due to Rakitic/Vidal leaving which in the end didn't happen) and now he's 7th pick.

I would rather see Alena play than Busi/Raki.

EdmondDantes

He's the one who got fucked over the most after Vidal/Rakitic stayed. Valverde probably promised him at least one would leave to convince Alena to stay and now he doesn't even make the bench.

He should have gone on loan. Players his age should be getting a game every week.

tacticvarium

Even if one of Vidal and Raki left, I don't think he would have got enough playing times anyways.
He can blame nobody but his own dumb decision to stay.

EdmondDantes

Even if one of Vidal and Raki left, I don't think he would have got enough playing times anyways.
He can blame nobody but his own dumb decision to stay.

Maybe. But if you observe that now Valverde is willing to rest Busquets and manage his minutes, Alena would be an interesting option as he's more offensive than Arthur or Frenkie. In theory, the 3 of them could form a decent midfield when facing weaker opposition and we want to add an attacking midfielder - rather than just a CM/interior - into the mix.

tacticvarium

Maybe. But if you observe that now Valverde is willing to rest Busquets and manage his minutes, Alena would be an interesting option as he's more offensive than Arthur or Frenkie. In theory, the 3 of them could form a decent midfield when facing weaker opposition and we want to add an attacking midfielder - rather than just a CM/interior - into the mix.

I would like to see those three players start in the mid as well but it's Valverde we talk about. He would just start Roberto instead.

EdmondDantes

I would like to see those three players start in the mid as well but it's Valverde we talk about. He would just start Roberto instead.

Now that's out the window. Alena has no match fitness to even be an option. Roberto is more of a CM. Not press resistant, but he's got an engine and is a decent dribbler.

Edit:

not in the squad yet again

Last edited:

Riordon

Alena should leave ASAP. It’s best for anybody. I know he loves Barca but so many years without playing time is damaging his talent.

serghei

Should have been loaned in the summer. Develop somewhere else for a season until somebody else comes as a manager. Don't understand why he was singled out after the Bilbao game.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Should have been loaned in the summer. Develop somewhere else for a season until somebody else comes as a manager. Don't understand why he was singled out after the Bilbao game.

Was reportedly close to a loan move, but Valverde stopped it. If it continues like this he's definitely not going to be here next season.

EdmondDantes

Lucked out on not being part of this shit show tonight. Valverde will still somehow find a way to punish him though. All he does is punch down.

Meanwhile the grandpas in the squad have carte blanche to be as shit as they please. They know garden gnome won't do a thing.

Home of Barca Fans