6 - Carles Alena

EdmondDantes

45 mins.

0-0 at San Mames. That's all it took for Ernesto to shit his pants and go running back to his sweetheart, Ivan. Pragmatic my ass. More like pathetic.

Valverde has no problem stabbing young players in the back for his favourites. It actually disgusts me.

Pathetic and cowardly. He's a poor man's Tony Pulis at best.

Neyback19

Banned
I feel like people are only rating him because he's left footed and has that David Silva or Messi type of vibe. Pretty bang average if you judge him objectively

Nazario1985

In the last decade i saw talented youngsters having way less 'test' time than him, hope he realize the chance he have with all those minutes and start working those passes.

The biggest positive point about him is trying to create spaces but that's something you can find in any young player if they are hungry.

Gnidrologist

Your sentiment would be apt, if he wasn't substituted for a walking dead, who stunk up the place completely, castrating the team's buildup potential even more.

EdmondDantes

Your sentiment would be apt, if he wasn't substituted for a walking dead, who stunk up the place completely, castrating the team's buildup potential even more.

Not to mention Alena was just about the only player who looked decent on the ball in the first half.

Ball-less Valverde has no qualms ditching meritocracy for his favourites though. For him, performances matter the least when it comes to his statuesque grandpas.

Iarwain

Alena:

36 touches
Ground duels (won): 1 (0)
Aerial duels (won): 0 (0)

Rakitic:

61 touches
Ground duels (won): 3 (2)
Aerial duels (won): 2 (2)

I'll take clinically dead Rakitić over this weakling any time of the day, thank you.

Last edited:

Tackle

Excluded from two consecutive squad lists despite a slew injuries. Ansu Fati, a 16 year old Juvenil A player is being picked ahead of the bloke at this point.

This limited player should leave in the next few days if he doesn't want to sit in the stands all season long.

I can understand why Valverde doesn't have such a player in his plans.

Last edited:

Tackle

Rakitic is still twice the player Alena will ever be.

Despite his decline he offers a profile useful to the squad. He has also been benched the last two matches so the Valverde-Rakitic romance accusations are quite baffling.

Alena on the other hand is a one-footed dunce with tunnel vision to the left side of the pitch. Nothing more than a midtable level player that is in the first squad solely because he came through the academy.

He is young, a La Masia product, supposedly "technical" etc. so I expect nothing less than for him to be defended to the death, but some of you lot need to get a grip.

Rakitic this, Rakitic that. If the gaffer hates youth so much then why has he chosen a 16 year old Juvenil A player in the squad?

Maybe it's not that Valverde hates youth, but Alena is quite shite.

xXKonan

We have an influx of Midfielders but not looking good if he's being pushed aside for the likes of Perez, a 16-year-old Fati and Wague despite having Roberto in the team in case Semedo gets injured unless Valverde is really serious in thinking Roberto will no longer play RB even if Semedo is injured.

Calidad

Rakitic is still twice the player Alena will ever be.

Despite his decline he offers a profile useful to the squad. He has also been benched the last two matches so the Valverde-Rakitic romance accusations are quite baffling.

Alena on the other hand is a one-footed dunce with tunnel vision to the left side of the pitch. Nothing more than a midtable level player that is in the first squad solely because he came through the academy.

He is young, a La Masia product, supposedly "technical" etc. so I expect nothing less than for him to be defended to the death, but some of you lot need to get a grip.

Rakitic this, Rakitic that. If the gaffer hates youth so much then why has he chosen a 16 year old Juvenil A player in the squad?

Maybe it's not that Valverde hates youth, but Alena is quite shite.

Why are you so disparaging towards our players?

I also noticed that you referred to another poster on this forum as “vermin”. You can articulate points without resorting to such language.

The amount of vitriol in your posts is actually quite disgusting. What’s wrong with you?

abbbs97

Why are you so disparaging towards our players?

I also noticed that you referred to another poster on this forum as “vermin”. You can articulate points without resorting to such language.

The amount of vitriol in your posts is actually quite disgusting. What’s wrong with you?

Tackle is being paid by the Barca board to always defend EV. Look at the date he joined which was after Anfield and all he does is defend EV while insulting EV's least favorite players. Also, he praises the board and Barto all the time. It all adds up.

Home of Barca Fans