Jose Luis Gaya

Kohe321

If true, that's some annoyingly good business by RM. They have really done a good job of securing some absolute top-tier talent for their backline in these past years. Varane, Danilo, Gaya, and also Carvajal coming through who has developed into a good RB.

The way they are collecting fullbacks right now is really painful from our perspective, kind of rubbing in our faces how thin and horribly mismanaged our entire backline has been for years. We're in a transferban, and risk having to rely on Montoya and Douglas as our only RBs until 2016, unless our board can get their asses into gear for once and reach an agreement with Alves. And our LB position is just as thin, as we all felt when Alba got injured against Ukraine. Had he gotten a long-term injury it would have been extremely detrimental to the rest of our season. Luckily it was just a small injury, but it shows just how thin and vulnerable our situation is.

Last edited:

Bertus

If true, that's some annoyingly good business by RM. They have really done a good job of securing some absolute top-tier talent for their backline in these past years. Varane, Danilo, Gaya, and also Carvajal coming through who has developed into a good RB.

The way they are collecting fullbacks right now is really painful from our perspective, kind of rubbing in our faces how thin and horribly mismanaged our entire backline has been for years. We're in a transferban while possibly having to rely on Montoya and Douglas as our only RBs until 2016, unless our board can get their asses into gear for once and reach an agreement with Alves.
I agree with you but who knows.

Not everyone share the same opinions as you and I. Apparently signing Danilo is bad business to some people.

We'll see next season.

But talking only about my opinion, I'm disgusted that Barca might even lose Alves while RM is doing (what I think are) great signings.

I

instinct

So many great players will probably be transferred this summer (Dybala, Gaya, Danilo (already safe), Depay, maybe Vietto etc.) and we face huge problems to sign a decent player because of the ban. Our team gets older and older and this board is the reason we miss out on almost every young beast out there. Hopefully, we'll get the chance to sign at least one of them.

L

linetty

So many great players will probably be transferred this summer (Dybala, Gaya, Danilo (already safe), Depay, maybe Vietto etc.) and we face huge problems to sign a decent player because of the ban. Our team gets older and older and this board is the reason we miss out on almost every young beast out there. Hopefully, we'll get the chance to sign at least one of them.
Even without the ban we would miss out on them. This board is so shit on the market it's sad. Real gets whoever they want (including Barca fans) and we get Douglas.

Alarcón

Lol, if they really get a ban they need more midfielders, and that is world class midfielders not some scrubs like Lucas Silva and Illaramendi. Their full back game will be amazing but this is not really an area where they need reinforcing.

Also, 40m? He isn't worth that much.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Lol, if they really get a ban they need more midfielders, and that is world class midfielders not some scrubs like Lucas Silva and Illaramendi. Their full back game will be amazing but this is not really an area where they need reinforcing.

Also, 40m? He isn't worth that much.

His release clause is 20 M or smaller. We will probably get a middlefielder in the summer but we already have a lot of MF's(won't count Bale and Ronaldo,Khedira gone in the summer) : Kroos , Modrić, James, Isco, Illara (probably also gone), Jese, Odeegard, Lucas Silva, Asensio, Casemiro ( on loan), Medran (2nd team but he plays sometimes for the first team). We have huge dept in the middlefield, 1 MF is the MOST we should get, and Lucas Silva isn't a scrub lol.

L

linetty

His release clause is 20 M or smaller. We will probably get a middlefielder in the summer but we already have a lot of MF's(won't count Bale and Ronaldo,Khedira gone in the summer) : Kroos , Modrić, James, Isco, Illara (probably also gone), Jese, Odeegard, Lucas Silva, Asensio, Casemiro ( on loan), Medran (2nd team but he plays sometimes for the first team). We have huge dept in the middlefield, 1 MF is the MOST we should get, and Lucas Silva isn't a scrub lol.
Jese is a midfielder? Also, do you think Odeegard, Asensio, Casemiro or Medran are first team quality?

Their first choice midfield is incredible (Modrić, Kroos, Isco) but only James is a worthy sub. Illara is crap.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Jese is a midfielder? Also, do you think Odeegard, Asensio, Casemiro or Medran are first team quality?

Their first choice midfield is incredible (Modrić, Kroos, Isco) but only James is a worthy sub. Illara is crap.

Yeah, Jese mostly plays on Left Winger/mid. Since we play 4 in the back and BBC up front we only need 3 starting MF's. Modrić,Kroos,Isco/James with a backup of Isco/James, Lucas Silva, Jese if we have a comfy lead or we wanna attack, Odeegard and Asensio will develop and probably come in a few years, Casemiro is doing well with Porto. Like I said, we only need 1 MF unless we're looking at a transfer ban or if we're selling some MF's except Illara and Khedira. Our squad has more depth than Barca but you just got luckier with injuries and stuff so far. I wouldn't be surprised if we get a transfer ban this summer, I mean why would we buy Danilo for 40 MIL and announce it this early in the season. Not to mention that this year we spent more than ever to get young talented players like we're preparing for something. I'm expecting a huge overhaul in RM if the transfer ban is actually true. Like De Gea/Leno for goal, a defender, a world class MF like Pogba/Reus + backup striker.
If we do get the transfer ban we're likely to sell Bale/Ronaldo in this summer so we can overhaul the squad. Also some rumors about us looking at Aguero but idk about that.

Last edited:

valk

Jese is more of an option to Ronaldo/Benz. The ideal team is with James-Modric-Kroos-Isco in midfield and Bale as a sub to Isco/James.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
If Real intend to pay his buyout, I wouldn't mind us doing the same. He'd be a fantastic backup for Alba.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Jese is more of an option to Ronaldo/Benz. The ideal team is with James-Modric-Kroos-Isco in midfield and Bale as a sub to Isco/James.

Ronaldo never gets subbed off so Jese mostly comes instead of middlefielders and just sometimes Benzema.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Contract negotiations between him and Valencia have broken down.

Valencia want to increase his buyout fee to 40m while Gaya don't want any figure over 30m.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Good news, if true. :) He'll only turn 20 this month, there'll be plenty of time for a big transfer one day.
Besides, next season, Valencia could be playing CL.

Home of Barca Fans