Lliga: Rayo Vallecano - FC Barcelona 0-2

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Rayo_Vallecano.v1317634186.png
-
FCB.v1319559431.png

Date: Saturday, 10/04/2014 18:00

Competition: League - Jornada 7

Referee: Mateu Lahoz(Sigh.... :facepalm:)

Rafinha is training with the group again and could be back this Saturday. If Rafinha and Douglas gets the medical clearance then I think we will have the full squad available for the first time in a very long time)

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Masip got the green light today.

I would like to see changes in this game, but I doubt it'll happen. I really wish Lucho realizes playing the midfielders wide is a bad idea. And he needs to fix that soon, as the clasico is around the corner.
rm is like psg on steroids, I'm getting really worried about it.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Games vs Rayo are always exciting because of their crazy pressing and us having more opportunities to break because they are not afraid to keep possession and push higher up the pitch.
I think we will concede one but score at least 3 goals. Would be nice to see Munir start a game again.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Games vs Rayo are always exciting because of their crazy pressing and us having more opportunities to break because they are not afraid to keep possession and push higher up the pitch.
I think we will concede one but score at least 3 goals. Would be nice to see Munir start a game again.

Yeah, Paco Jemez won't have his team put all men in defence. I expect them to play as they always do.

gatsu

Unlike everyone in the prediction thread, I expect us to struggle against Rayo, they won their last 2 games (against Athletic and Levante which are no pushover) and they are pretty dominant in the midfield which is ironically our weak point so far.

Lucho’s reaction in a tactical point of view will be interesting (if there is one).

BusiTheKing

----------------MAtS-----------------
Douglas - Bartra - Pique - Grimaldo
---------------Sergio-----------------
-------Ivan------------Rafinha-------
---------------Iniesta----------------
------Messi------------Neymar------

Frodo_FCB

Lucho is that you?

Egert

Estonian Culé
I hope Adriano and Montoya will play. Rafinha should play too if he is ready. Busi should be dropped for Masche and give Mathieu some rest.

BusiTheKing

Lucho is that you?

Lack of versatility makes us predictable. Passing patterns which are repeated, however skilfully, become easy to anticipate. Go for the goal and not the cross.

I hope Adriano and Montoya will play. Rafinha should play too if he is ready. Busi should be dropped for Masche and give Mathieu some rest.
Although Busquets might seem like one big frustration right now, I think it would be very unwise to not let him play as much as possible. If this new midfield will ever bare fruit as pure as that of the former one, it will require some time for adjusting. Rakitic and Busquets are both unique players who need to get to know eachothers roles and positioning habits better before we can rightfully judge them.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Team will bounce back like they always do after disappointing result.
If I remember well, Rayo had more possession than us last time we played there and then our problems started according to some people. Xavi rebbelion? A bit off topic but anyone still thinks that Tata failed because he succumbed after that Rayo match.

dakt

I think that this game and entire season will depend on:

1) Motivation of Iniesta, Messi and Busi (THIS MEANS PRESSING)
2) Defense organization (motivation shouldn't be issue here, practically that line is fresh)

I'm sure defense will work well eventually for bigger games, but these three....I expect from Lucho to do some serious management (benching, putting Mascherano to midfield, whatever it takes...). I hope he can be Pep in these terms.

DinhoR10

I would love this formation although Idk about Grimaldo and Douglas at the same time. Let messi score some goals and force iniesta to be the main creative force so maybe he can get his mojo back. Its a waste to start Pedro if you ask me, either stick Munir/Sandro/Rafina in there or let messi up his scoring stats.

Home of Barca Fans