Lliga: Rayo Vallecano - FC Barcelona 0-2

Neymessi

Not an easy match by any means.Rayo scored 2 goals in all of their last 5 games.They defeated levante away which is not an easy task and this match is on their home.

Neimax

I think they should start like this:

Bravo

Adriano Pique Bartra (or Vermaeln if he's able to play the whole game) Grimaldo

Mascherano

Xavi Rafinha

Munir Messi Neymar

I'd like to see Vermaeln play, i really think he could become a great defender again if he stays fit. At the left it would be nice to give Grimaldo a chance, maybe Alba needs a break.
In the midfield I think it would be nice if Masche would start. I hope he can make pressure on Busi so that he is forced to give his all again, and I think Masche is awesome in this position (remember the World Cup)
Lucho should also give Rakitic a break and more playing time to Xavi. With Iniesta it's the same problem with Busi I think. He needs some pressure and Rafinha also needs playing time to develop. But nevertheless I think
that Halilovic will be the long time replacement for Iniesta. Messi and Ney should be undisputet in front. I would prefer Munir as their partner in front, as Pedro is completely out of form. Sandro would also be an option but I'd prefer Munir.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
My lineup: Bravo; Montoya, Pique, Bartra, Alba; Busquets, Xavi, Rafinha; Munir, Messi, Neymar

gatsu

Well maybe it's about time for Busquets to taste the bench, he is to much in confort knowing that there is no competition in the DM position, which lead to some average/bad performances.

Bravo, Montoya, Pique, Mathieu, Alba, Mascherano, Xavi, Rakitic (in a more offensive role), Munir, Messi, Neymar.

Kerrybai

Team will bounce back like they always do after disappointing result.
If I remember well, Rayo had more possession than us last time we played there and then our problems started according to some people. Xavi rebbelion? A bit off topic but anyone still thinks that Tata failed because he succumbed after that Rayo match.

I doubt it was a Xavi rebellion but he might have given into some media pressure. Rayo play possession football like us so it shouldn't have been such a big deal that they had more of the ball than us.

Neymartinez

My lineup:Bravo,Montoya,Pique,Vermaelen(If possible. Otherwise,Bartra),Mathieu(/Adriano),Rakitic,Mascherano,Xavi,Munir,Messi,Neymar.

Here I want to see Xavi with some playing time and a change of role for Rakitic. Munir should continue doing the pressing he usually does upfront.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I doubt it was a Xavi rebellion but he might have given into some media pressure. Rayo play possession football like us so it shouldn't have been such a big deal that they had more of the ball than us.

True. It's ironic that they made such a big deal out of it whereas now against Malaga where we failed to have 1 attempt on target it just went like another piece of news.

Bravo, Alves, Pique, Bartra, Mathieu, Masch, Xavi, Rakitic, Rafinha, Messi, Neymar

Yes, I'd still go with Alves

If Pedro starts , I'm gonna kill somebody !!

Last edited:

gatsu

Yep, I'll go also with Rafinha, he can't be worse than Pedro.

Luis Enrique: "Rafinha feels good, he is ready. He'll get the medical green light tomorrow".

I want us to be aggressive and fast. Busi is slowing us now, Start with Masch as DM and Mathieu at LB with Pique and Bartra inside.

We have to come with an unpredictable play and formation from the start.

Maria

True. It's ironic that they made such a big deal out of it whereas now against Malaga where we failed to have 1 attempt on target it just went like another piece of news.

1. It's not true that our performance against Malaga and the fact that we didn't manage to have a single shot on target was just another piece of news. I read articles after that game doubting Lucho as a coach or demanding we sell Messi and on BeIn they were discussing whether Lucho was a good choice and stuff like that.
2. The problem against Rayo last season wasn't the posession, was the fact that we played bad football and we conceded as many ocassions as we did in all the league games we have played this season. And more ironic than some journalists talking about the fact that we lost posession in that game is that I am still reading that the issue was the posession and not our defence or how dezorganized the team looked.

F

Flavia

640x360_RAYOA_horaris_internacionals_partit.v1412336262.jpg

Saturday, october 4, 2014

Los Angeles – 9:00 AM (WST) / New York – 12:00 PM (EST)
beIN Sports USA, beIN Sports en Español, beIN SPORTS CONNECT
FC Barcelona: @fcbarcelona and www.fcbarcelona.com

Brazil – 1:00 PM (Brasilia)
ESPN + Andina, ESPN + Sur
FC Barcelona: @fcbarcelona_br and www.fcbarcelona.pt

South America – Buenos Aires 1:00 PM / Santiago Chile 12:00 PM / México D.F. 11:00 AM
ESPN + Sur, ESPN + Andina
FC Barcelona: @fcbarcelona_es and www.fcbarcelona.es

United Kingdom – 5:00 PM
Sky Go Extra, Sky Go, Sky Sports 5/HD

France – 6:00 PM (CET)
beIN Sports
FC Barcelona: @fcbarcelona_fra and www.fcbarcelona.fr

Spain – 6:00 PM (CET)
Canal+ Liga / HD, C+ Liga Multi, Gol Stadium, GOL T
FCBarcelona: www.fcbarcelona.cat, www.fcbarcelona.es, @fcbarcelona_cat and @fcbarcelona_es

Arab countries – 7:00 PM (Mecca Time / GMT+3)
beIN Sports Arabia 15 HD, beIN Sports Connect Arabia, beIN Sports Arabia 14 HD, beIN Sports Arabia 2 HD
FC Barcelona: @fcbarcelona_ara and www.fcbarab.com

Russia – 8:00 PM (MSK)
NTV+ Football, Setanta Sports Eurasia

India – 9:30 PM (IST)
Star Sports 2 Asia

Indonesia – 23:00 PM (WIB)
Fox Sports Indonesia, RCTI - Indonesia
FC Barcelona: @fcbarcelona_id and www.fcbarcelona.co.id
Sunday, october 5, 2014

China – 12:00 AM (CST)