Paco Alcácer

Nothanks

funny how many people disliked him in his time here with us, even with Lucho and those same people now want him back.

he doesn't fit our team, it's simple.

we got back what we paid for, half of you wanted him sold for any price this summer.

El Guaje

Well he had 2 seasons here. It is not like he performed here for Barcelona to consider this a mistake. He was rotting here and losing market value.

What he has done in a short time in Dortmund is incredible. But then again, Paco was always a talented player from being one of the high scorers in the Spain youth categories to being Spains starting striker in 2015 (mentioned this before). He should of been more here but it will never happen in the error of the 20 minutes every 5 games B striker option.

But him moving out of Barcelona is best for both parties.

Munir got 14 goals and 7 assists last season and look at him now hes back.

Deloufeu was incredible at AC Milan and look at him back here.

Sandro had a great season at Malaga, many wanted him back, but look what he has done since.

Denis Suarez was great at Villarreal and got in the Spain squad. Look at him back here.

Paco is enjoying being free and important again. Lets get the money and let him move on.

Ofc he was gonna be bad when he always had to play some weird roles on the wings, a bit away from the goal and such.

Raketa10

This forum! People were bashing him and now when he started playing well some of you are again unsatisfied because his price is to low?!?!?! :facepalm: Paco was always a very good player, problem was that our system didn't suit him and that Suarez can not be benched so he had a very few chances! To be fair he was playing very good last year, basically every time he got a chance he delivered.

Alik

This forum! People were bashing him and now when he started playing well some of you are again unsatisfied because his price is to low?!?!?! :facepalm: Paco was always a very good player, problem was that our system didn't suit him and that Suarez can not be benched so he had a very few chances! To be fair he was playing very good last year, basically every time he got a chance he delivered.

I was unsatisfied with the price from the time it was announced.

Donatello

I was unsatisfied with the price from the time it was announced.

Yeah, Same here. I mean we demanded 40M for rafinha and Gomes, why not do the same for Paco?

It was not a mandatory buy, just an option, so you could have renegotiated to 25M, had things gone bad.

Atleast that gave an option to get much more money.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

He was not good enough for us.
People are now blaming the system for everything, lol.

Paco is a good player, but a player for 2nd tier teams like Sevilla, Valencia, Bvb.
If he would come back, he would play average, regardless if we had Pep, Mourinho or Unzue.

So, good luck to him.

Alik

Paco is a good player, but a player for 2nd tier teams like Sevilla, Valencia, Bvb.
If he would come back, he would play average, regardless if we had Pep, Mourinho or Unzue.

So, good luck to him.

Funny that these second-tier teams like Sevilla and BVB are top of the table of their respective leagues. And we couldn't beat the other second-tier team in Valencia.

Maybe they are better able at utilizing average players than we are.

BBZ8800

Funny that these second-tier teams like Sevilla and BVB are top of the table of their respective leagues. And we couldn't beat the other second-tier team in Valencia.

Maybe they are better able at utilizing average players than we are.

A football match lasts for 90 minutes.
A league season ends in May/June.

We will see where will Sevilla, Valencia, Bvb and Paco be at the end of a league season.

George_Costanza

So, good luck to him.

See this is what I don't understand. Paco didn't have many chances and if he had any it wasn't consistent to make such an assumption, so how do you make such a judgment? based on his height? his physique? or maybe hairstyle?

At my firm, I have seen so many managers who only care about short-term results. Those managers don't last long and have zero legacy and impact beyond their term. And I have seen leaders, who actually care about all aspects of work including retaining employee and train intern and analyst, they are usually perfectionists. Those leaders we call them champions. Their legacy and impact not only on the numbers/profit but way beyond that.

Paco would have been sold for 80m+ to big clubs if he was at BVB earlier.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Not good enough as a starter for Barca yeah, but could he have been a good backup if he got more playing time and our manager actually adapted our tactics to get the best out of him? I would believe so. For most of the time here he was played out wide or played as if he's Suarez. He's not. He has different strengths and you need to play the ball faster so he can get into the position to score.

And the same applies for some of our other players too like Coutinho. This slow sterile style of possession with almost no structure is going to suffocate him.

Barcilliant

Not good enough as a starter for Barca yeah, but could he have been a good backup if he got more playing time and our manager actually adapted our tactics to get the best out of him? I would believe so. For most of the time here he was played out wide or played as if he's Suarez. He's not. He has different strengths and you need to play the ball faster so he can get into the position to score.

And the same applies for some of our other players too like Coutinho. This slow sterile style of possession with almost no structure is going to suffocate him.

Exactly!!

This system won't suit 95% of the most talented players out there. You could bring in Mbappe, Sane and even CR7 and they would struggle.

khaled_a_d

Players like Paco will never be happy for not being bench player long term in Barca, sooner or later he would have demanded a transfer.
His goal/90 minutes with us was good IIRC, at least in 1st season.
Paco overall didn't impress that much with 2 Barca manager, always looked a bit distanced from the whole team (except Vidal). I don't know but his situation is difficult to blame on the managers.
The slow sterile game would suffocate a lot of player, that is something I think we can all agree with

Home of Barca Fans