Paco Alcácer

Nothanks

only way i see it working is
----------suarez
coutinho--messi---dembele
------busi------rakitic

rakitic as RM just doesn't work, and seem to play better when put in a defensive mid role where he can backpass and side pass all he wants

Albo

----------suarez
------busi------rakitic

rakitic as RM just doesn't work, and seem to play better when put in a defensive mid role where he can backpass and side pass all he wants

------------Messi-----
Coutinho-Paulinho-Dembele
------Busi---------Raki

Is much better imo.

Nothanks

Paulinho just isn't good enough to start for us, he is only good in the penalty box, which is okay for a super sub but what we saw yesterday was no surprise..
he offers almost nothing to the midfield, becides lets be real here suarez isn't getting subbed unless sold, and even then we'd buy griezman as a replacement.

M

MessiCam

----------suarez
------busi------rakitic

Not going to work. We're already struggling on the counter using a 4-4-2 formation... With this we'll get murdered all day long.

2 central midfielders with no pace and neither a deep lying playmaker... Recipe for disaster.

I've said it a hundred times before and I'll say it again. Drop Suarez and play 2 wings either side of Messi and watch some magic.

Windhook

It was strange substitutions Paco for Denis. At first I thought "Oh, Valverde you sick mofo!", it was totally beyond my tactical logic at that moment, but somehow it worked. Paco opened a lot of space for Jordi Alba to drill and that's when Villareal's troubles really started.

Xaviniesta

i think he has been a top 5/6 player so far this season

1. ter stegen
2. messi
3. umtiti
4. busquets
5/6. alba/paco

Last edited:

Nothanks

Not going to work. We're already struggling on the counter using a 4-4-2 formation... With this we'll get murdered all day long.

2 central midfielders with no pace and neither a deep lying playmaker... Recipe for disaster.

I've said it a hundred times before and I'll say it again. Drop Suarez and play 2 wings either side of Messi and watch some magic.
how are we struggling on the counter this season, we've got the best defensive record lol
regardless IF you were correct our defense gets heavily countered it is because alba is too high up the line which is crucial for our tactics as of late, and that won't change regardless of formation

M

MessiCam

how are we struggling on the counter this season, we've got the best defensive record lol
regardless IF you were correct our defense gets heavily countered it is because alba is too high up the line which is crucial for our tactics as of late, and that won't change regardless of formation

You clearly haven’t been watching... Valencia, Celta (twice), Sevilla (counter attack led to the corner and eventually the goal). Those are just the goals... The amount of saves that MaTS has had to make off counters is many too. Better teams will punish us.

Nothanks

Yeah.. so??
are you aware that there is no team in the game or in recent history that hasn't ever been countered against unless parking the buss? lol

in pep's golden era we got counted the most.. it's the only way teams played against us... by parking the buss and long balling it hoping a quick winger would get it.
it's the basis as to why real madrid even bothers with really fast and athletic wingers in my opinion was strictly to try and combat our strategy
this is nothing new.. the 4-4-2 changes nothing

Last edited:

BarçaBarça

Sad for him, and a bit for the team as well. But if Suarez are on his way back, then it is no big deal (with Dembele back again soon as well).

Home of Barca Fans