Paco Alcácer

Yannik

ftfy
Instead of replacing Suarez in a couple of years, he will replace Lewa :lol:

he will be 26 next summer from which on he‘ll sign most likely a 5 year contract. He‘ll then be either 29 or 30 when he‘s on 1-2 years left, I don‘t think there‘s gonna be a top club that still wants him at that point.

clemente

No point to get a player that is playing well in a style that is nothing like ours, we are a 4-4-2 team now, that thinks defence first, and our style is all about walking the ball into the net, nothing like Dortmunds.

Joan

No point to get a player that is playing well in a style that is nothing like ours, we are a 4-4-2 team now, that thinks defence first, and our style is all about walking the ball into the net, nothing like Dortmunds.

Yeah, we're budget Atletico led by budget Mourinho. How people don't see that?

clemente

Yeah, we're budget Atletico led by budget Mourinho. How people don't see that?

Am I wrong or something? We barely created a single chance against Vallecano in 80 min, even Athletico and MU are a better fit for Paco, he would get absolutely no service here, we are the opposite of Dortmund style.

Porque

Let Paco leave. Haven't we learned what will happen to him by bringing Munir back? Munir had 14 goals in all competitions last year, so not just an average season.

These are our last 4 starting centre forward strikers. Eto'o, Ibra, Villa, Suarez. 3 were extreme successes while all 4 were instant successes (12 goals in first half of season until Messi moved to CF). You can see the type of profile you need to be our starting striker, and unfortunately Paco doesn't have it.

To be the backup without consistent minutes we either need a plan which we haven't successfully found since Larsson left in 2006 or have a versatile option who can play across the line when needed like Pedro, Alexis and hopefully (keep saying Malcom has the characteristics to pull this off) Malcom.

Nicolas Pepe is the most interesting option today, but he hasn't played extensively at CF.

Joan

Am I wrong or something? We barely created a single chance against Vallecano in 80 min, even Athletico and MU are a better fit for Paco, he would get absolutely no service here, we are the opposite of Dortmund style.
Barca created the most big chances, scored the most goals and conceded awfully lot... we're by no means a 'defence first' team. Paco aside. I never said we're the best fit for him.
Because we play pretty great football the last few games (minus the odd one)? Jesus, some of you guys are entitled as fuck.
It went over your head.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

Let Paco leave. Haven't we learned what will happen to him by bringing Munir back? Munir had 14 goals in all competitions last year, so not just an average season.

These are our last 4 starting centre forward strikers. Eto'o, Ibra, Villa, Suarez. 3 were extreme successes while all 4 were instant successes (12 goals in first half of season until Messi moved to CF). You can see the type of profile you need to be our starting striker, and unfortunately Paco doesn't have it.

To be the backup without consistent minutes we either need a plan which we haven't successfully found since Larsson left in 2006 or have a versatile option who can play across the line when needed like Pedro, Alexis and hopefully (keep saying Malcom has the characteristics to pull this off) Malcom.

Nicolas Pepe is the most interesting option today, but he hasn't played extensively at CF.

Bravo! Well said. He would look like Munir with us now. It's completely different to play for Dortmund than Barca. I would say Dortmunds careless offensive system always benefits players statistics and makes them look good.. So they can sell the players for a good price. Dembele looked great with Dortmund as well.

FC433

I think many of us often overlook the fact that teams play very deep against us, which leaves absolutely no space. He has a lot of space and freedom with BVB. Would still sell him.

God Serena

The main difference I'd say is at Dortmund he doesn't have to ride the bench for months on end and start at random with the knowledge that if he messes up, he'll probably go back to the bench.

It's a problem with our rotation policy, for sure. But there's nothing we can do about it. A day will come when we need to bring in a new striker to replace Suarez. But that striker will not be Paco.

FC433

BVB will announce the signing of P. Alcacer on Sunday for 21m + 5m addons + 2m loan fee = 28m.

Thoughts?

Home of Barca Fans