User Tag List

Page 159 of 160 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160 LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 2386

Thread: Paco Alcácer (loaned to Dortmund)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raketa10 View Post
    This forum! People were bashing him and now when he started playing well some of you are again unsatisfied because his price is to low?!?!?! Paco was always a very good player, problem was that our system didn't suit him and that Suarez can not be benched so he had a very few chances! To be fair he was playing very good last year, basically every time he got a chance he delivered.
    I was unsatisfied with the price from the time it was announced.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alik View Post
    I was unsatisfied with the price from the time it was announced.
    Yeah, Same here. I mean we demanded 40M for rafinha and Gomes, why not do the same for Paco?

It was not a mandatory buy, just an option, so you could have renegotiated to 25M, had things gone bad.

Atleast that gave an option to get much more money.
    Last edited by Donatello; 12th October 2018 at 08:06 AM.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donatello View Post
    Yeah, Same here. I mean we demanded 40M for rafinha and Gomes, why not do the same for Paco?
    And it didn't work well for either of them.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's just unreal.
    Puyol #5

Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He was not good enough for us.
    People are now blaming the system for everything, lol.

Paco is a good player, but a player for 2nd tier teams like Sevilla, Valencia, Bvb.
    If he would come back, he would play average, regardless if we had Pep, Mourinho or Unzue.

So, good luck to him.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBZ8800 View Post

Paco is a good player, but a player for 2nd tier teams like Sevilla, Valencia, Bvb.
    If he would come back, he would play average, regardless if we had Pep, Mourinho or Unzue.

So, good luck to him.
    Funny that these second-tier teams like Sevilla and BVB are top of the table of their respective leagues. And we couldn't beat the other second-tier team in Valencia.

Maybe they are better able at utilizing average players than we are.

Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alik View Post
    Funny that these second-tier teams like Sevilla and BVB are top of the table of their respective leagues. And we couldn't beat the other second-tier team in Valencia.

Maybe they are better able at utilizing average players than we are.
    A football match lasts for 90 minutes.
    A league season ends in May/June.

We will see where will Sevilla, Valencia, Bvb and Paco be at the end of a league season.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBZ8800 View Post

So, good luck to him.
    See this is what I don't understand. Paco didn't have many chances and if he had any it wasn't consistent to make such an assumption, so how do you make such a judgment? based on his height? his physique? or maybe hairstyle?

At my firm, I have seen so many managers who only care about short-term results. Those managers don't last long and have zero legacy and impact beyond their term. And I have seen leaders, who actually care about all aspects of work including retaining employee and train intern and analyst, they are usually perfectionists. Those leaders we call them champions. Their legacy and impact not only on the numbers/profit but way beyond that.

Paco would have been sold for 80m+ to big clubs if he was at BVB earlier.
    I have a bad feeling that whenever a lesbian looks at me they think “That’s why I’m not a heterosexual”.

President of FC Barcelona
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not good enough as a starter for Barca yeah, but could he have been a good backup if he got more playing time and our manager actually adapted our tactics to get the best out of him? I would believe so. For most of the time here he was played out wide or played as if he's Suarez. He's not. He has different strengths and you need to play the ball faster so he can get into the position to score.

And the same applies for some of our other players too like Coutinho. This slow sterile style of possession with almost no structure is going to suffocate him.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAK View Post
    Not good enough as a starter for Barca yeah, but could he have been a good backup if he got more playing time and our manager actually adapted our tactics to get the best out of him? I would believe so. For most of the time here he was played out wide or played as if he's Suarez. He's not. He has different strengths and you need to play the ball faster so he can get into the position to score.

And the same applies for some of our other players too like Coutinho. This slow sterile style of possession with almost no structure is going to suffocate him.
    Exactly!!

This system won't suit 95% of the most talented players out there. You could bring in Mbappe, Sane and even CR7 and they would struggle.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAK View Post

Players like Paco will never be happy for not being bench player long term in Barca, sooner or later he would have demanded a transfer.
    His goal/90 minutes with us was good IIRC, at least in 1st season.
    Paco overall didn't impress that much with 2 Barca manager, always looked a bit distanced from the whole team (except Vidal). I don't know but his situation is difficult to blame on the managers.
    The slow sterile game would suffocate a lot of player, that is something I think we can all agree with

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khaled_a_d View Post
    Players like Paco will never be happy for not being bench player long term in Barca, sooner or later he would have demanded a transfer.
    His goal/90 minutes with us was good IIRC, at least in 1st season.
    Paco overall didn't impress that much with 2 Barca manager, always looked a bit distanced from the whole team (except Vidal). I don't know but his situation is difficult to blame on the managers.
    The slow sterile game would suffocate a lot of player, that is something I think we can all agree with
    You always seem conradict yourself in the same post His goal ratio is good per 90min but he didn't impress two idiot managers we had/have? So it's difficult to blame the manger? What on God's green earth are you saying?
    I have a bad feeling that whenever a lesbian looks at me they think “That’s why I’m not a heterosexual”.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by George_Costanza View Post
    You always seem conradict yourself in the same post His goal ratio is good per 90min but he didn't impress two idiot managers we had/have? So it's difficult to blame the manger? What on God's green earth are you saying?
    Goals doesn't equal impressive, he always had a knack for goal and it showed even here, but his game was underwhelming for most part. Not sure how is that difficult to understand.

Lucho is one of the best coaches we ever had, if you think he is an idiot that is your problem but don't push that narrative in the argument. Ernesto himself being idiot last season is very arguable, he had one of our shittiest team in decade and half and won double with them (and yes, he takes credit for that, before your typical"it is Messi" answer)

6racies Xavi
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    . Ernesto himself being idiot last season is very arguable, he had one of our shittiest team in decade and half and won double with them (and yes, he takes credit for that, before your typical"it is Messi" answer)
    It was mostly Messi though , no matter how "typical" that sounds for you.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Goals doesn't equal impressive, he always had a knack for goal and it showed even here, but his game was underwhelming for most part. Not sure how is that difficult to understand.

Lucho is one of the best coaches we ever had, if you think he is an idiot that is your problem but don't push that narrative in the argument. Ernesto himself being idiot last season is very arguable, he had one of our shittiest team in decade and half and won double with them (and yes, he takes credit for that, before your typical"it is Messi" answer)
    The double is just a fancy way of saying "The league", because the Copa is a truly irrelevant trophy unless it's part of the treble. And as far as the league goes, we limped our way to the finish line by barely scraping together numerous draws or come from behind victories and often won games/held draws by desperately sitting back. Nothing has really changed for Valverde, he's just not getting bailed out by Messi and Own Goal anymore.
    On whether or not we'll get 50m for Paulinho

Quote Originally Posted by BarçaBarça View Post
    Want to bet a silly profile pic? Loser has to have (a happy) Paulinho-pic for half a year?
    I'm quite sure they will pay already this January, so I'm happy to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raki13 View Post
    Gladly , not a chance we are getting anywhere near that after a year.