Paco Alcácer

God Serena

You have argued at length about how shit Paco is and be better off with Munir/Sandro or Deulofeu than him.

Not wrong about that?

All completely wrong and you cant seem to accept it and just keep having sly digs about Paco despite him being a good back up since got up to speed in the club.

I believed Munir would have been better for us than Paco. It's not worthy of dicussion at this point as it wasn't proven right nor wrong as Munir isn't of this club anymore. I will admit I was wrong about Deulofeu but that's more because of what I see as a regression from Deu, as Murcia of all teams is much weaker than the teams he dominated even back when he was a teenager.

And I don't know what "Sly digs" you're referring to beyond that and I don't see how that has anything to do with the topic at hand of Paco losing his place if Griezmann comes.

JamDav1982

I believed Munir would have been better for us than Paco. It's not worthy of dicussion at this point as it wasn't proven right nor wrong as Munir isn't of this club anymore. I will admit I was wrong about Deulofeu but that's more because of what I see as a regression from Deu, as Murcia of all teams is much weaker than the teams he dominated even back when he was a teenager.

And I don't know what "Sly digs" you're referring to beyond that and I don't see how that has anything to do with the topic at hand of Paco losing his place if Griezmann comes.

Munir is nowhere near the player Paco is so wrong on that one.

Fact you even think you were not wrong there says it all.

By that claim you cant say Griezmann would be better as all hpothetical.

Deu hasnt regressed he is exactly the player I told you Barca were getting and he wont change.

It is sly digs and you just seem pissed off Paco has turned out better than you claimed after spending so long arguing about it.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Munir is not good enough. Paco had a rough started, but gradually gotten better. I think the problem most have is with the fee which was high.

Devils

So many people desperate to defend Paco without paying even the slightest bit of attention to what my original comment was in response to. Signing Griezmann would likely spell the end for Paco. Replacing a mediocre backup with a top class signing who can start for us and push Suarez to that first backup spot is far better than having a mediocre backup. Sorry if that gets you guys all upset.

Short-term thinking.

Ain't no club going to keep a player that demands to start or earns astronomical wages like Suarez does as a back-up option.

If Paco accepts being a rotational/back-up player at Barca, it would be smart to keep him.

Last edited:

God Serena

Munir is nowhere near the player Paco is so wrong on that one.

Fact you even think you were not wrong there says it all.

By that claim you cant say Griezmann would be better as all hpothetical.

Deu hasnt regressed he is exactly the player I told you Barca were getting and he wont change.

It is sly digs and you just seem pissed off Paco has turned out better than you claimed after spending so long arguing about it.

I'm obviously biased towards Munir. That's not going to change just because you continue to hit me with it. I've had players I'm clearly right about (Arda, Mats, hopefully Alena...) and I have players I'm clearly wrong about (Deulofeu, Denis, possibly Paulinho I'll admit). Paco is a player I was right about for the longest time. Just because he's come good now doesn't change that. I'm not mad about Paco becoming better at all and I still don't know what sly digs you're even talking about. I'd move Paco on in a heartbeat if keeping Suarez was somehow feasible. Nothing sly about that one.

Short-term thinking.

Ain't no club going to keep a player that demands to start or earns astronomical wages like Suarez does as a back-up option.

If Paco accepts being a rotational/back-up player at Barca, it would be smart to keep him.

Short term thinking is how this club operates. We think short-term and adapt to the consequences with a longer term option when the short-term expires. Having Suarez on the bench for however long he's willing to stay there, whether it be 1 or 2 seasons, would be better than keeping Paco longer term. IMO we'll be able to replace Paco's contribution in a post Suarez era whether it be by buying a similar young forward who hopefully actually has some potential, or by promoting a player from Barca B (Abel Ruiz should be 19/20 by then and you always have to have some hope I guess).

booge

Excellent move by the coach bringing him on for Coutinho. It unsettled Alaves game plan by just having another striker alongside Suarez.

This is a tactic Real Madrid use and what Alex Fergusons Man United used to use.

Just line players up in the box lol.

Ugly but Barca only do it when really desperate.

Sorin

I have no problems with Paco as a sub. There's no WC player that would accept coming off the bench. So, unless there's someone willing to pay at least what we payed for him, we should try to keep him. Everyone wants Lewa of the bench but that is unrealistic so yeah, happy with him.

Windhook

I doubt a player of his calibre to stay forever in the shadows of Suarez, then Griezmann and even Dembele. His best footballing years are now, a move to another club will benefit Paco much more than sitting on the bench and occasionally get to play some 20-30 minutes along the GOAT.

Home of Barca Fans