Paco Alcácer

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Nice to see a striker with clean technique and passing. We are not used too that. Also better work rate than Suarez.
Unfortunately Paco is not able to create a chance for himself at all.

FinBarcelonafan

He seems to score a lot of goals for minutes he plays. Goal every game he plays?! Pretty crazy.

Paco is doing good job for us. I don't think we could get much better striker backup for Suarez.

God Serena

He scored because he was wide open. Not a single defender even noticed he was out there.

Both before and after the goal he was completely anonymous and we essentially played with 10 men, he played no role in our buildup, our danger up front, or... anything. At all.

We frequently see Pique do a better job as striker.

FCBfan22

[tw]981212496596910080[/tw]

The only logical thing if we get Griezmann. I hope we can get some decent money for him.

God Serena

[tw]981212496596910080[/tw]

The only logical thing if we get Griezmann. I hope we can get some decent money for him.

More than likely, he'll be loaned out until his contract expires. Unless they're a player like Gomes, who has a super agent in his corner, we're pretty bad about moving our dead weight on. And in the case of Gomes, we desperately cling to him and refuse to sell no matter who comes knocking... almost as if he's not dead weight, or something.

MTL_Barca

More than likely, he'll be loaned out until his contract expires. Unless they're a player like Gomes, who has a super agent in his corner, we're pretty bad about moving our dead weight on. And in the case of Gomes, we desperately cling to him and refuse to sell no matter who comes knocking... almost as if he's not dead weight, or something.

But Paco isn't some bad 31yo player, he is a decent Striker just not Barca starter quality. Valverde doesn't seem to rate him very high but at least he scored a good number when he played and most of the games he wasn't bad unless he had to play on the wing.

Depends on what clubs are interested of course, but we should be able to get some money here.

clemente

Why would you consider him dead weight? He is scoring every time he plays I think, and we never even play him in his position which is 9, we just play him as a winger or even RM and he still does his job, I don't mind having him on the bench. But if Griezzman is coming I don't see why he should stay.

God Serena

But Paco isn't some bad 31yo player, he is a decent Striker just not Barca starter quality. Valverde doesn't seem to rate him very high but at least he scored a good number when he played and most of the games he wasn't bad unless he had to play on the wing.

Depends on what clubs are interested of course, but we should be able to get some money here.

Problem is he rides the bench nonstop to the point that in the eyes of our manager, he's useless, and we usually struggle to get rid of such players. The likes of Song, Vermaelen (Under Lucho), Douglas, Munir, etc. would have been sold by teams that, well, aren't us.

Why would you consider him dead weight? He is scoring every time he plays I think, and we never even play him in his position which is 9, we just play him as a winger or even RM and he still does his job, I don't mind having him on the bench. But if Griezzman is coming I don't see why he should stay.

Just scoring is pointless. He does nothing the majority of the time he's playing. He's very similar to Paulinho in that aspect. He just waits for his perfect opportunity to poach a goal and if that moment doesn't come, he's nowhere to be found. He doesn't do anything that we couldn't get from Paulinho if we played him in that position. Griezzman coming is an obvious scenario in which he should leave, but he should also leave if we sign *any* 4th choice forward, which we definitely should look into doing, as Paco really isn't good enough to be our 4th forward. We don't need a superstar in that spot, but we do need someone capable of playing from the wing and contributing from that position, which is something Paco cannot do.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Problem is he rides the bench nonstop to the point that in the eyes of our manager, he's useless, and we usually struggle to get rid of such players. The likes of Song, Vermaelen (Under Lucho), Douglas, Munir, etc. would have been sold by teams that, well, aren't us.

Douglas? Sold by other teams that aren't us? Nah man, not possible.

Sorin

I wonder what spanish clubs could be in for Paco in the summer as I don't think that he'll continue here and there's no other markets for him other than Spain and at a push Portugal. Maybe we could deal with Sevilla since Muriel is utter garbage. Maybe we could pry off Lenglet with some luck. Or N'Zonzi, but the ship has sailed probably. Maybe Betis and get a deal for Fabian Ruiz. Or Villareal in case Bacca won't be signed or even with Bacca, they might need depth.

Don't know, just throwing out some ideas since I don't think we'll get much for him and a he could be offered as a sweetener for some kind of deal for one of their prospects.

FCBfan22

I wonder what spanish clubs could be in for Paco in the summer as I don't think that he'll continue here and there's no other markets for him other than Spain and at a push Portugal. Maybe we could deal with Sevilla since Muriel is utter garbage. Maybe we could pry off Lenglet with some luck. Or N'Zonzi, but the ship has sailed probably. Maybe Betis and get a deal for Fabian Ruiz. Or Villareal in case Bacca won't be signed or even with Bacca, they might need depth.

Don't know, just throwing out some ideas since I don't think we'll get much for him and a he could be offered as a sweetener for some kind of deal for one of their prospects.

Apparently Sevilla and Villareal are after him.

Sorin

Apparently Sevilla and Villareal are after him.

Didn't know that but suspected they'd be in for some strikers. Ok, we probably can't get more than 15 million or in the best case 20. Though they both should have some spare cash from CL and in Villareal's case, Bakambu. We'd probably use the money for the Griezmann deal but i'd also be happy to let him go for 10m if we can get some kind of discount for one of their players in the future.

Home of Barca Fans