Administrator
Staff member
Malaga_CF.v1317045417.png
-
FCB.v1319559431.png

Date: Wednesday, 09/24/2014 22:00
Stadium: La Rosaleda
Capacity: 22.800

Since 2006, Barca won every time in Malaga (7 times).

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Looks like Neymar and Rakitic are doubtful for the match.

Malaga have been very aggressive and dirty in their style so far this season so I hope we win with all our players fit and healthy after the match.

I

instinct

I expect this line-up

Bravo Montoya Pique Bartra Adriano Busquets (or Samper) Xavi Rafinha Munir Messi Pedro

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Yep, bit worried about Malaga's dirty play so I'd rather not see Neyboy risked if there's any doubt about his fitness before the match (wrt his ankle).

I think MAtS might actually start this one with Bravo starting the Granada match; it would give both keepers 1 match per week and offer MAtS a little consistency/exercise before the real test that is the PSG game.

F

Flavia

[h=1]Post-match training as attention switches to Malaga[/h] www.fcbarcelona.com
09/22/2014 12:01

The first team trained this morning at the Ciutat Esportiva, as did Munir, Sandro and Samper of FC Barcelona B

Vermaelen was able to train normally, but Rafinha and Masip worked out separately

pic_2014-09-14_ENTRENO_47.v1411380781.JPG

Barça were back at training this morning after the successful trip to Levante, but there is no time for celebrations, because there’s a midweek league match away to Malaga around the corner (10.00 PM CET). Luis Enrique was able to work with all of his available resources, and also added Munir, Sandro and Samper of Barça B to the mix. Although he has not yet been given medical clearance, Thomas Vermaelen also joined the group.

But Neymar and Rakitic were absent doing physiotherapy. The Brazilian hurt his left ankle against Levante last night and was substituted in the second half, while the Croat has bruising on his left foot. Rafinha was also missing as he battles to recover from a thigh strain, and although Masip did appear at the training ground, he did separate exercises to the rest of the team.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
I would like to see Sandro in the starting line-up together with Pedro and Leo. If Neymar is fit to play, use him as a super sub again.
Would also be nice to see Bartra play but I doubt it. :(

gatsu

Malaga are struggling this season, their only win against Athletic is more of a miracle and was not deserved, so I don't expect a tough game (maybe in the first 30 min).
For the squad, Mathieu was horrible against Levante, Lucho must send a message that no one have a reserved spot in the 11, i'll bench him (same for Alves) and i'll go with the pair Pique/Mascherano, As for Rakitic and Neymar i would take no risk knowing that we have a hard CL game on tuesday against PSG.

_________________Ter stegen_________________
Montoya_____Pique______Mascherano_____Adriano
__________________Busquets_________________
______________Xavi_________Iniesta___________
Pedro________________Messi_________(Rafinha)Munir

Last edited:

Trickykid

Mathieu was horrible against Levante, Lucho must send a message that no one have a reserved spot in the 11, i'll bench him (same for Alves) and i'll go with the pair Pique/Mascherano

I don't agree that Mathieu was horrible at all. Yeah, he had some needless errors, which should be corrected, but he had plenty of positives too.

I also completely disagree about benching him. His mistakes weren't down to feeling too secure, and thus a matter of complacency - not this early in his Barca career, just no way. You could argue that is the case for the likes of Pique, but not for a new signing like Mathieu. If anything, he needs as many minutes as fatique allows in order to get better acquainted with our style and his new teammates. Unless it's a more simple matter of rotation, benching him now would do nothing but sow doubt in his mind, which would be the last thing we'd need.

Darko

Tbh I think he did look a little complacent and should have just kept it simple instead of doing flicks and risky dribbles/passes. The only actual defensive mistake he made is that sliding tackle where he took ages to get up and was all like "that wasn't a foul", Rakitic cleared the subsequent cross and saved us from going 1-0 down. So while i would agree he wasn't horrible and maybe should not be benched immediately (to see how he reacts to making those mistakes, maybe just a one off), I think it was due to complacency.

F

Flavia

Last results there were 3 wins: 1-4, 1-3, 0-1.
Their form is also not the best, (W-L-D-D), hopefully the team will capitalize on that.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
In last decade or so Barca collected most points at La Rosaleda.
So statistically, at least, it's a good place for us.

hardyboy

We should start with our strongest XI against Malaga. We can rest players this weekend against Granada at home..

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Squad vs Malaga: Bravo, Ter Stegen, Montoya, Douglas, Bartra, Pique, Mascherano, Adriano, Alba, Busquets, Rakitic, Xavi, Sergi Roberto, Iniesta, Pedro, Munir, Messi, Sandro, Neymar.

Home of Barca Fans