Comparable to FCB

MarkYaeger

I'm sure this has been asked before, but what other Spanish Liga or Segunda (or even other leagues) teams would you say had most in common with Barca in playing style, morals, philosophy, tactics, respect, discipline, the growing of the players through youth academy, etc.

Thanks in advance!!

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
I'm sure this has been asked before, but what other Spanish Liga or Segunda (or even other leagues) teams would you say had most in common with Barca in playing style, morals, philosophy, tactics, respect, discipline, the growing of the players through youth academy, etc.

Thanks in advance!!

Rayo and Bilbao probably. Maybe Sevilla too. Ajax is like the mini Barca although they have started the season in shambles. Liverpool and Villareal are a nice mix of Possession and Counter football

Last edited:

GoobiePls

S♥NE
Why would me saying Bayern and Real get removed?

Rich, youth sometimes, bad director, morals, buying high profile players, tactics, etc. They sure have more in comon than Rayo who have only same playing style...

Last edited:
L

linetty

Rich, youth sometimes, bad director, morals, buying high profile players, tactics, etc. They sure have more in comon than Rayo who have only same playing style...
Rayo has all the mentioned qualities (playing style, morals, philosophy, tactics, respect, discipline, the growing of the players through youth academy) in common with Barca.

Madrid doesn't have same playing style, philiosophy, morals, tactics, respect, discipline or growing players through youth academy. I don't see any common thing besides bad directors which hasn't been mentioned as a factor by the author of the thread.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Real Madrid resembles us in terms of what? Come on. They are a business first and foremost. Money-making is what they do best, footballing and everything else is secondary.

Rich means what? Revenue? If so then a slew of clubs are like us: ManU, City, Chelsea..

Tactics? Real Madrid doesn't necessarily play posession football.

What does "morals" mean by the way, that everyone is referring to?

MarkYaeger

Way of behaving and treating your opponents for me.

To me, it's the level of respect and gamesmanship. For example.. Pepe is touted and applauded for his tactics by all Madridistas. Any team that can applaud Mourinho for example, has no morals. It's the honesty of level of play, to me.

Thanks for all the replies guy, but yeah.. as many of you say, looking for more than just playing style; although that's primary. I really want to start following another club that maybe isn't as big, but someone respectable and a mirror of Barca. Even segunda teams I'd love to support. Really to me it's about discipline, respect, tactics and style - all based on a very clear philosophy and youth system

I don't see how that can be that different between between clubs? Any examples?
yes, agree with this. Mourinho and all the Madrid thugs are a good examples of bad morals. You watch them on the pitch, and they pull little snaky things all the time. Pepe stepping on Messi, Mourinho eye-gauge, little elbows here and that are not even within the time of play. Just a general level of respect.

How do you guys feel about Ajax, given our histories...?

Last edited:

GoobiePls

S♥NE
Real Madrid resembles us in terms of what? Come on. They are a business first and foremost. Money-making is what they do best, footballing and everything else is secondary.

Rich means what? Revenue? If so then a slew of clubs are like us: ManU, City, Chelsea..

Tactics? Real Madrid doesn't necessarily play posession football.

What does "morals" mean by the way, that everyone is referring to?

Proof?

Yes

Like Barca their defence is the weakeness hence they go into most games playing attacking football. Playstyle is something else

Not afraid to play dirty to get what they want

footyfan

Calma, calma
A few teams have something in common with Barca.

Basel (similar kit and also called FCB)
Ajax and Athletic (youth system)
Chelsea (illegal transfer activity, getting banned from making transfers)
Bayern Munich (employees engaging in tax fraud, possession hogging)
Real Madrid (galactico signings, diving, play-acting, asking for cards, revenues)

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
A few teams have something in common with Barca.

Basel (similar kit and also called FCB)
Ajax and Athletic (youth system)
Chelsea (illegal transfer activity, getting banned from making transfers)
Bayern Munich (employees engaging in tax fraud, possession hogging)
Real Madrid (galactico signings, diving, play-acting, asking for cards, revenues)

Using this, then every team out there is comparable to another.

Hey look, Olympiakos has 3 ex-barca players. Olympiakos = something in common with Barca.
Celta had the same manager last year as Barca have this year. Celta = something in common with Barca.

etc etc etc.

Home of Barca Fans