What an amazing weekend!

VivaBarcelona

Yeah definitely, my wife's friends, work colleagues etc are trying to scare her *pfff women* :rolleyes: and I'm like wtf, it's the same as every where else. Dug up some research to show her it'll be ok and ways to just be alert. Meh, I have no doubts in my own abilities anyway.

We're stopping at the Gallery Hotel, all booked up through British Airways as it's saved us over £130 combining flights & them arranging the hotel for us, plus we get a free night stay with cheaper flights. Could not argue with that, plus the Mrs wouldn't shut up about being close to La Rambla lol
I walked down Ramblas too alone about 8pm. Not late late but still not daylight either, Las Ramblas overplayed too. Anywhere is safe. I've been loads of places including London and the place I've felt most safest and relaxed in is Barcelona.

Kerrybai

Good to hear you had a great time in Barcelona!

I am so looking forward to going next April, and I will cheer my heart out for our beloved Barca.

I think pocketpicking in some European cities is blown out of proportion. I was warned of the same problem before we went to Paris, but we had seen none of that whatsoever.

What game are you going to?

BTW you obviously are not going to see the pick-pocketing unless you know what to look for.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
What game are you going to?

BTW you obviously are not going to see the pick-pocketing unless you know what to look for.

I am going to see the game against Getafe on April 29th, already bought tickets. :)

Was wondering if I could catch the away game against Espanyol a couple of days earlier, don't know how to get tickets.

So where do I meet the pickpocketers, Kerry? ;)

Kerrybai

I am going to see the game against Getafe on April 29th, already bought tickets. :)

Was wondering if I could catch the away game against Espanyol a couple of days earlier, don't know how to get tickets.

So where do I meet the pickpocketers, Kerry? ;)

You won't wont meet them, they'll be gone before you can blink ha

http://www.viagogo.co.uk/Sports-Tic...-Premier-League/FC-Barcelona-Tickets/E-676576

Viagogo have tickets but I'm not sure how reliable they are. Last season there were about 8k empty seats at the away game for Espanyol so perhaps a ticket can be bought on the day of the match at the stadium. Just hide your Barca jersey if you are sitting with the home fans.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
You won't wont meet them, they'll be gone before you can blink ha

http://www.viagogo.co.uk/Sports-Tic...-Premier-League/FC-Barcelona-Tickets/E-676576

Viagogo have tickets but I'm not sure how reliable they are. Last season there were about 8k empty seats at the away game for Espanyol so perhaps a ticket can be bought on the day of the match at the stadium. Just hide your Barca jersey if you are sitting with the home fans.

Is it really that bad? I can't wear my Barca jersey out in the open?

Yeah, I probably will go to the Espanyol stadium, there should be plenty of tickets available.

Home of Barca Fans