What an amazing weekend!

VivaBarcelona

The Nou camp is absolutely huge never seen anything like it, it really hits you when you actually go there because yes it may look big on TV but when you actually go it really sinks in how huge the place is. The tour was brilliant and the match was some experience, it was a close game and Neymar was absolutely brilliant when he came on totally changed the game and won it for Barcelona. The atmosphere was amazing and the referee made some really strange decisions so the fans whistled and you can't half whistle, was deafening at times.

The view from the top tier behind the goal was absolutely amazing, could not believe how good the view was you could see everything even the players close up like you was on the lower tier was incredible. Barcelona is the best city in the World there is no pickpocketing problem here IMO, It's the most I've felt safe in any place and if you get robbed your obviously not paying attention IMO, I never saw anyone suspicious or felt unsafe/worried at any time. Love how you can walk from place to place too and the transport system is fantastic.

I'll definitely be coming back, love the place and miss it so much already!!!!!!!!!!!

Bucky

Penya Member
Glad you had an amazing time, sounds like you sure did and thank you for sharing. We greatly anticipate our upcoming visit.

I was watching yesterday and it didn't look that close, obviously you were there so it would have felt a lot different. Good to know about the top tier, we'll be in the 2nd. Were you on the south or north side?

It is an absolutely stunning city, so breathtaking with lots to do. We were in Birmingham yesterday up in one of the taller buildings (top level of the Cube) and looking out I couldn't help but compare and think how crappy Birmingham is, what view there is isn't exactly great and you don't find yourself fixated like you would in Barcelona. Only thing up there is "wow look how high up we are" lol

In regards to pick pocketing, it is renowned for it and it does happen. Even though they try their best to crack down on it, you may not have been aware of it going on? True that others have made silly mistakes and they may learn from it, maybe you didn't give the thieves an opportunity so credit to you but it's a real shame that it happens and people do become victims. Indeed people do need to keep aware at all times, but that's how they get you, by not suspecting it, catching you when you're most vulnerable.

I envy that place and the people who live there, so clean, loads to do, lots to see and lovely people & culture.

raminho

Great!
Also thinking of going early November to see my first game at the Camp Nou.
As soon as the Celta game gets confirmed I'll know more.

Excited to read this, thanks for sharing!

CuleLife4Life

Great! Looks like I'll be moving to Spain for a project my company wants me to work on so I'll be making some trips up to Barcelona again to make some games. Glad you had a great time!! Camp Nou games always make me happy.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Good to hear you had a great time in Barcelona!

I am so looking forward to going next April, and I will cheer my heart out for our beloved Barca.

I think pocketpicking in some European cities is blown out of proportion. I was warned of the same problem before we went to Paris, but we had seen none of that whatsoever.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Hope you got to enjoy the beautiful city of Barcelona as well, much to see, do & experience

CuleLife4Life

Hope you got to enjoy the beautiful city of Barcelona as well, much to see, do & experience

I've mentioned before my company often sends me out to Spain and will be moving me again, let me just say that when ever I've had a chance I make sure I visit Barcelona. Not even for games but just to go and explore. You have such an amazing city that everyone should visit!!

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
The pickpocketing is blown out of proportion. But I bet you would find if you weren't paying attention your pockets would be empty fairly quickly.

Glad you had as great a time as we did. :)

Bucky

Penya Member
It's just a word of warning, no matter where you travel, including the Canary Islands, Greece islands etc, the holiday rep usually warns you on the bus about pick pockets. It's like a friendly reminder to be vigilant.

Just because it doesn't happen to those on a visit doesn't mean it happens and tourists will always be targets.

For example, I wonder what visitors say about my nearest city, Birmingham, do they say "watch out for pick pockets"? I've lived here all my life and when going into the city I've never been a victim, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen, of course it does. Every city will have a reputation for crime because there's loads of people. I'd say it's more of a warning & reminder than an over exaggeration :beer2:

pacp_96

True. But the way it is portrayed is almost scary rather than a warning.

But like you said just so long as you know where all your stuff is and can see it, its fine. Pickpockets can see people who are vigilant and who is away with the fairies and they target the latter. Tourists are seen as the latter so are normally targeted because that is the case rather than because they are tourists.

VivaBarcelona

True. But the way it is portrayed is almost scary rather than a warning.

But like you said just so long as you know where all your stuff is and can see it, its fine. Pickpockets can see people who are vigilant and who is away with the fairies and they target the latter. Tourists are seen as the latter so are normally targeted because that is the case rather than because they are tourists.

I walked alone at night too and sometimes drunk but never targeted so don't worry about the pickpocketing things you read online, if you pay attention you'll be fine just like you do at home when about in your local area really. I was in the stand that is opposite Les Corts which I think is Gol Surd. What a city and I like I say missing it so much, hearing the Champions League music isn't helping either. 4 days not even enough time out there wish I'd stayed for week now and taken in Champions League game. Damn it!

Hope others who travel to future games will post their thoughts too. Hotel recommendation is Expo Hotel in sants, cheap and rooftop pool and bar so relaxing and peaceful, class hotel and lovely facilities. Great views of Barcelona including ground get yourself there!

pacp_96

Yeah I know. We went for four days as well a couple of weeks ago. Wish we stayed for much longer. Incredible city.

Bucky

Penya Member
Yeah definitely, my wife's friends, work colleagues etc are trying to scare her *pfff women* :rolleyes: and I'm like wtf, it's the same as every where else. Dug up some research to show her it'll be ok and ways to just be alert. Meh, I have no doubts in my own abilities anyway.

We're stopping at the Gallery Hotel, all booked up through British Airways as it's saved us over £130 combining flights & them arranging the hotel for us, plus we get a free night stay with cheaper flights. Could not argue with that, plus the Mrs wouldn't shut up about being close to La Rambla lol

Home of Barca Fans