Champions League: FC Barcelona - APOEL Nicosia 1-0

Tough away game against Levante after this. We're probably gonna see some rotation.

Mats
Montoya-Bartra-Mathieu-Alba
Busquets
Rakitic-Xavi
Munir-Messi-Neymar

Antimadridista1

Ter Stegen
Montoya - Bartra - Mathieu - Adriano
Xavi - Busquets - Rakitic
Munir - Messi - Neymar

Subs to come in : Douglas, Sergi.R, Pedro.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
I'm happy as long as MAtS, Bartra and Xavi starts. Perhaps Douglas too. Oh, and that we win of course.

Ursegor

World Champion
How un-German of you to wish that defense upon MATS for his possible debut.

I'm a visionary (+ World Champion, just putting this out there) and thinking 3 steps ahead. I'm wishing this defense upon MAtS (the "t" being small is important :coffee:) because I have so much confidence in his abilities and think that when he gets inevitably tested he'll pull some ridiculous saves which will impress Lucho so much that he'll remain the #1 between the posts. Contrary to decent defenders playing infront of him which won't allow him to make a single save.

PhilS

This would be a good game to give Xavi a start, rest either Iniesta or Rakitic. Let's see Mats! Of course, Neymar has to start. Pedro has to be behind Munir in the pecking order by now.

There should be a fair amount of rotation for this game and Levante, time to use the depth.

PhilS

I won't be surprised if Douglas never starts a single game for us :lol:

That's what I think, too. Maybe they got him just in case either Alves or Adriano leave before the transfer ban ends. His price before any performance-based add ons is not that much for this rich team, I look at it as more like insurance expense.

Douglas could just hang around, attend practices, not even get on the bench.

Darko

That's what I think, too. Maybe they got him just in case either Alves or Adriano leave before the transfer ban ends. His price before any performance-based add ons is not that much for this rich team, I look at it as more like insurance expense.

Douglas could just hang around, attend practices, not even get on the bench.

Beyond idiotic if this is true, we could have actually gotten a good talent like Aurier for a few more millions. Now we are stuck with Douglas, a declining Alves and Montoya, who is a gamble, nobody knows if he will make it or not.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans