The Preacher
JORQUERA_copia.jpg

Name: Albert Jorquera Fortià
Position: goalkeeper
Place of birth: Bescanó (Girona)
Date: 03-03-1979
Height: 183 cm
Weight: 77 kg

He spent the 2000-01 and 2001-02 seasons on loan to second division B clubs AD Ceuta, and CE Mataró. He then returned to Barca B, also in second division B, as first choice keeper for the 2002-03 season.

He made the leap to the first team in the 2003-04 season as third choice goalkeeper behind Víctor Valdés and new signing Rüstü Recber, making a spectacular first team debut against Athletic Club Bilbao in the Nou Camp on 17th January 2004, where he put in a top performance. He then played four weeks later, also at home, this time to Atletico Madrid and was one of the stars in Barça's 3-1 win.

In the 2004-05 season, Jorquera had the chance to show his qualities in the last two games of the season, with Valdés being rested after securing the Zamora title for ending the season with the best goalkeeping record. The man from Bescanó has always performed well when called upon and has never complained about spending so much time on the bench.

In the 2005-06 season, Jorquera played 3 league, 1 Champions League and 4 Cup matches. In total, he let in 12 goals.

Jorquera didn’t play as much in the 2006/07 and 2007/08 seasons. In the former he didn’t play in the League at all, though he did turn out in all the King’s Cup games (the team reached the semi-finals). The latter was marked by a serious ligament injury to his right knee sustained in the game between the Basque Country and Catalonia on 29 December 2007 which forced him to sit out the rest of the season. FC Barcelona signed José Manuel Pinto to stand in for him.
(fcbarcelona.com)

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We havent seen him a lot but if we can draw conclusions from his few appearances, then I can say he´s not even remotely near Barca backup standards.

barSELOna

Bojan said:
We havent seen him a lot but if we can draw conclusions from his few appearances, then I can say he´s not even remotely near Barca backup standards.

Even he cant play in amateur match :lol:

M.L. King

The Preacher
This has been a problem for decades in Barca; from the likes of Bonano, Hesp, etc. We just don't seem to come up with a good goalkeeper.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I actually liked The Giant. He played few good season for us before eventually dropping his form in his last one. And we got him for some meager sum If I remember right

ryuken

I think it is time for him to go, in order to give the youngsters some chances to play

J

Jordzibob

He's useless for us. Although he looks like a kind guy.

....I think he looks like a Piedo, lol. Pinto is more than capable of providing backup to Valdes, they arent the best two keepers in the world, but they've been good so far.

M.L. King

The Preacher
He is a class act as Unzue pointed out... the club is trying to get rid of him though; we have Oriol and Mino coming from the youth system and they are both quite promising prospects. But still I have a lot of respect for Albert, he's had a hard time here with injuries so it'd be best for him to leave and get some chance.

Home of Barca Fans