Max Meyer

M

Messi4life

60323_2_2013711115250394.jpg

Full name: Maximilian Meyer
Date of birth: 18 September 1995 (age 18)
Place of birth: Oberhausen, Germany
Height: 1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)
Playing position: Attacking midfielder
Current Team: Schalke 04

A German super talent named Max Meyer was promoted to Schalke's first team in the last season and became one of the team's best player. He scored six goals and three assists in 30 games in Bundesliga. And given that he was born in 1995 and it was his first season at senior level, it's of course very good from him. Meyer has a quite good vision, awareness and can creating scoring opportunities for his teammates. He competes with players like Özil, Götze, Reus, Draxler & Müller in the German national team and it remains to be seen if he can come up to that level. But then again, Meyer can develop enormously considering due to his age.

In the spring, Meyer was even Schalke's best players for a period. Flexible player who can take on the offensive midfield roles as well as forward, but the role as attacking midfielder fits best for him in my opinion.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Immense talent, very high work rate. Will have higher ceiling than the German player of the century, aka Goetze.

One of my favorite players that I enjoy watching. About time that we have a thread for him.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Schalke sure knows how to make talents. But I have watched him couple of times and he looks amazing. In some years he will move to Bayern or some other big club.

Bertus

:worthy::worthy::worthy:

Underrated in the medias. At least in France, even players from Barcelona B get more coverage. A shame.

DrPepper

Euro 16 is too early for him, WC 18 could be possible. The thing is, he's extremely good but Germany still has a lot of better players.

MessiDinho10

I have been following this guy for quite some time now, and I think he has all the skills needed to be a great midfielder for Barcelona (in the future), provided he is consistent and fulfills his potential. I hope the club is keeping an eye on this kid. He's an amazing dribbler, possesses great technique and composure and has an eye for goal.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
I thought from the beginning that Meyer is more talented than Draxler. I do not know who will have the better career but imo Schalke should sell Draxler for big money and build their future team around Meyer.

red dragon2

Meyer was always more talented than Draxler. That was clear very quickly. Infact I would suggest Meyer is just as talented as Goetze, but is much quicker. I don't think he has the same maturity to his play, but he has more balls than Goetze. I think he played futsal as a boy, which you can see in his dribbles. Hopefully he can avoid injury because he has special talent.

Home of Barca Fans