How do you rate this transfer window?

How do you rate this transfer window?

• Total voters
F

Flavia

Now that it's done and dusted, how do you rate this transfer window?

All transfers:
Bwe1b50CIAAY63Y.png:large

(image by barcastat)

And we'll probably only have another in Jan 2016.

8. Rakitic, Mats and Suarez were very good signings at very good prices. We needed 2 CBs and bought them, although the signings themselves were underwhelming (especially the Vermaelen signing), and you all know my view on us ignoring Benatia (would have given the transfer window a 9 if we bought him instead of Mathieu, and a 10 if we bought him instead of Vermaelen). Bravo... meh. Expensive but he'll do as a backup GK. Not even gonna comment on Douglas.

Last edited:

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Cannot go higher than an 8 for me. The bottom part of purchases (Bravo, Vermaelen and Douglas) left a lot to be desired. Vermaelen maybe can turn it around because he was a really good defender not too long ago, but Bravo is average at best and Douglas is a puzzling signing to say the least.

Rakitic, Suarez, MAtS and Mathieu were excellent signings.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Cesc and Alexis were what really hurt this transfer window for me. I feel that under Lucho both of them would have performed better (even though they were great anyway), and wouldn't have had the problems they had. Their replacements don't make me super happy either. Rakitic has grown on me, but I can't see him being better than Fabregas. And although Suarez is better than Alexis, I cannot bring myself to like him with all that he's done. I'm pretty happy with Ter Stegen, but I don't really get the signing of Bravo, nor do I particularly rate him. We've certainly strengthened our defense with Mathieu and Vermaelen, and I'm happy with that, but I again feel we could have done better, I feel Benatia would have been an improvement over either of them. I've never seen Douglas, but from what you guys are saying he's not a great signing either. Not a terrible transfer window, we did cover all the areas we needed, but I felt our actual signings could have been better.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Cesc and Alexis were what really hurt this transfer window for me. I feel that under Lucho both of them would have performed better (even though they were great anyway), and wouldn't have had the problems they had. Their replacements don't make me super happy either. Rakitic has grown on me, but I can't see him being better than Fabregas. And although Suarez is better than Alexis, I cannot bring myself to like him with all that he's done. I'm pretty happy with Ter Stegen, but I don't really get the signing of Bravo, nor do I particularly rate him. We've certainly strengthened our defense with Mathieu and Vermaelen, and I'm happy with that, but I again feel we could have done better, I feel Benatia would have been an improvement over either of them. I've never seen Douglas, but from what you guys are saying he's not a great signing either. Not a terrible transfer window, we did cover all the areas we needed, but I felt our actual signings could have been better.

The sale of Cesc and Alexis is what prompted me to rate the transfer window a 10.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I voted 7, I feel some prices were too high to pay and that in some cases there were better players available...

Also, I believe we should have made some pre-emptive signings considering we can't participate in the next couple of transfers seasons...

Trickykid

Went to see what people had voted. Lowest was a 2, by a bloke called ccesc... I think I may have an idea why. :sherlock:

footyfan

Calma, calma
I don't know what fantasy transfer window everyone was expecting but this one gets as close to perfect as possible.

1) Got rid of the flops (Cesc and Alexis) and deadwood (too many to list) from the squad
2) Strengthened the team in exactly the areas they were weak in. 2a) Strong, fast, left sided CBs 2b) Midfielder with high defensive intensity 2c) Skilful and clinical striker with versatility
3) Getting the best possible coach not named Pep
4) Getting Rafinha back and sending Deulofeu and Tello on loan, IMO the correct choice in all 3 cases.
5) Promoting actually useful cantera such as Sandro and Munir
6) Retaining Xavi which is undoubtedly going to be crucial.

Don't know how much more can be accomplished in just 1 window with a net 75 million outlay. I'm going to be quite disappointed if Barca don't win La Liga and CL, specially La Liga. IMO only injuries at key stages and Chelsea can stop them.

serghei

OK, so your 2nd best scorer of the season and the third player in assists + goals in 2014 is a flop. Good to know.

Very nice transfer window, and Suarez over Alexis is better for the team, but he was not a flop. Nobody pays 40m euros for a flop.

OK, so your 2nd best scorer of the season and the third player in assists + goals in 2014 is a flop. Good to know.

Very nice transfer window, and Suarez over Alexis is better for the team, but he was not a flop. Nobody pays 40m euros for a flop.

+1

Alexis obviously isn't as good as Suarez, but no forward is besides Messi and Ronaldo. He certainly wasn't a flop last season.

Last edited:

footyfan

Calma, calma

That's not true. Barcelona paid almost that to Udinese. And now Arsenal paid that to Barcelona. Clubs do pay 40m for a flop. lel.

Alexis is as much of a flop transfer as Cesc. The only way Alexis can be defended is using stats and Cesc has better stats over both their careers at Barca, which is shameful considering he's a midfielder. Let's not go near his hopeless Champions League stats. Alexis, like Cesc, was bought in the hopes of him contributing to the wins of many trophies for the club. Arguably the only trophy win he contributed to was the Copa del Rey in 2011/12. His inability to assist the team in any fashion in breaking down buses was one of the major fails that contributed to Barca's lack of success. A player who obviously doesn't fit the front line of Barca like he was supposed to. I prefer Munir over him.

serghei

That's not true. Barcelona paid almost that to Udinese. And now Arsenal paid that to Barcelona. Clubs do pay 40m for a flop. lel.

Not true. We payed 26m. for him and sold him for around 42m. total. That's great bussiness for a great player. No flop can score the decider in a clasico with a lob like he did. That's the kind of execution (and the one vs Atletico as well) only great players can pull off.

And of course stats defend him, because stats measure what he does on the pitch. And his stats are high because he gave high-level performances. It's as simple as that. You can't have high stats as a player if you are a flop, as you say he was.

Home of Barca Fans