How do you rate this transfer window?

How do you rate this transfer window?

• Total voters

ManusXavi

Wow, those transfers help us win 5 trophies and your rating is 6.

I wonder what they would have to do to earn a 10.

Vermaelen un-injured probably would have put my rating up to an 8. I mean I can't really help that.
A 10 would probably be all that I mentioned but swap Rafinha for Verratti, and a purchase of a solid Centreback that is clearly able to challenge Pique and Mascherano for a starting spot in the very biggest of games and is also no older than 25 years old instead of purchasing Vermaelen.

Last edited:

serghei

In retrospect, Suarez alone has made it a 9 or a 10. A transfer of that magnitude happens once or twice a decade.

serghei

Happened twice in the span of two seasons for us. Neymar. And then Suarez. In consecutive summers, no less.

It's kind of different for me. Suarez was a golden boot winner and the best striker in the world when he joined. Neymar was unproven in Europe. Suarez transfer is more like Ronaldo's to Real.

Last edited:

serghei

In hindsight, I mean.

Yea, looking at how things turned out, it's true. Both Neymar and Suarez have been huge transfers, even though both involved some sort of risk to make them happen. Neymar with the financial aspect, and Suarez with his bitting record. They deserve a lot of credit, because they handled themselves very well at Barcelona so far I think.

Home of Barca Fans