Roberto Firmino

clemente

Firmino does have his perks, but he has a really low scoring return, he's not really a lone striker but more a system player. In his last 10 games for example he only scored 2 goals, meaning you'd be much more realiable on Messi being on the scoresheet than you already are. I think Barca would do better looking for a real no. 9 player like Suarez was.

Whats wrong with a system player? You think Klopp would swap Firmino with someone like Icardi or Dzeko? He is hard worker, steals more balls than anyone else, perfect first touch, passing, dribbling, decision making. His finishing is also good but there are no goals because he is very unselfish and its all about setting up for Salah in that system. I can't think of a player that would fit us better, of course we would need to boot Mourinho first.

Jombi

We definitely need a goal scorer as a striker. Its bad enough with a midfield that produces few goals and Coutinho as an attacking midfielder in the forward lineup. Are we getting De Jong, then there wont be much goal scoring there either, same with Arthur of course. Busquets never scores goals.

Our striker should ideally be a goal scorer, be fast and also good in the build up play. The market is dreadful, but what can we do.

Yannik

Whats wrong with a system player? You think Klopp would swap Firmino with someone like Icardi or Dzeko?

Well obviously not, as Icardi or Dzeko would fit their system just as less as Firmino would fit into Inter or Roma. That's the point of a system player. Firmino isn't a No.9, he's not a Suarez replacement and in play he obtains the space Messi and partially Coutinho already share. You wanna walk the ball into the net? I don't think Barca can get around a real striker at the moment.

Last edited:

EdmondDantes

2 goals, 3 assists in 5 in the Copa so far; despite not being at his best.

Edit:

[tw]1146238007684587522[/tw]

"Roberto Firmino has been directly involved in more goals (5) at the 2019 #CopaAmérica than any other player.

2 goals & 3 assists"

Last edited:

EdmondDantes

Firmino's close control looks better than ever.

Excellent game to start the season along with Salah last night. I think Liverpool might win the Premier League at last.

Zidane82

Whats wrong with a system player? You think Klopp would swap Firmino with someone like Icardi or Dzeko? He is hard worker, steals more balls than anyone else, perfect first touch, passing, dribbling, decision making. His finishing is also good but there are no goals because he is very unselfish and its all about setting up for Salah in that system. I can't think of a player that would fit us better, of course we would need to boot Mourinho first.

Perfect summary

Zidane82

Firmino's close control looks better than ever.

Excellent game to start the season along with Salah last night. I think Liverpool might win the Premier League at last.

He’s the first name on Klopps teamsheet... I’d swap Suarez , Rakitic and Roberto for him in a heartbeat :)

FinBarcelonafan

Yeah he works well for Liverpool. Invidually not that good player. He didn't look impressive with Brazil. Fits perfectly Klopps system. Same as Coutinho.

Home of Barca Fans