Roberto Firmino

Zidane82

I thought Klopp said Wijnaldum is the first.

Maybe .. I’ve never heard that myself but I doubt it seeing he rotates the midfielders constantly .. only Fabinho seems to play all or most games .

Firmino , Sarah and Mane all start if fit .

Last edited:

Arizona Scott

Maybe .. I’ve never heard that myself but I doubt it seeing he rotates the midfielders constantly .. only Fabinho seems to play all or most games .

For sure that forward line starts if fit. No question. Gini is the 1st midfielder even over Fabinho--at least last year. The other unquestioned starters are VVD, Alisson and Robertson. Everyone else could be a little bit situational and rotated, though I think Fabinho might be moved to the every big match no question club soon and TAA is about there too (though Gomez does offer a different kind of player at RB--he is pretty big while also being quite athletic).

Zidane82

Anyone see the difference yesterday when Firmino was brought on for the second half ... that’s how good he is and why he’d be perfect for us .

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Instead we have the donkey Suarez ruining every move with his bad first touch. Griezmann on the other hand can be a Firmino (probably even better as he’s more talented).

Hamzah

High Definition Member

What’s better guys Sarah or Salad? :lol:

Zidane82

Instead we have the donkey Suarez ruining every move with his bad first touch. Griezmann on the other hand can be a Firmino (probably even better as he’s more talented).
There aren’t many more talented than Firmino his touch and technique remind me of Dimitar Berbatov but Firmino chases people down like a Jack Russell !

EdmondDantes

Roberto Spiderman Firmino.

He's so fun to watch. He just webs everything together. I'm convinced a player like Firmino would extend Messi's career for 2 seasons at least. His work rate alone would ensure that. Too bad he's like 27, 28 already.

Zidane82

Roberto Spiderman Firmino.

He's so fun to watch. He just webs everything togetht

er. I'm convinced a player like Firmino would extend Messi's career for 2 seasons at least. His work rate alone would ensure that. Too bad he's like 27, 28 already.
That’s my take on Firmino as well .. over the years we relied on Busqs to mesh things together well Firmino does the same things just further upfield

EdmondDantes

Once again; another game, another Firmino masterclass.

He's incredibly gone up a level this season. I'm getting Ronaldinho vibes watching him now; 1 goal, 1 assist, ridiculous touch, decision making and skills.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Indeed he's been superb for us over the past several years really. He's compared to other strikers in the epl or across europe i.e. with Kane or Aguero or whoever but whilst he may look like the No.9 for us in our formation he isn't a No.9. Salah is our No.9 and can be compared to the likes of Kane and Aguero.

Firmino is the glue for us who links the midfield to the attack. He is the best 'false' 9 in the world for me taking that mantle piece away from Muller for the past 18 months.

He is the closest player I've seen to Bergkamp since he retired and indeed in our team Salah is our Henry and Firmino is our Bergkamp.

He isn't flashy inside or outside the pitch so I'm not sure what people in his homeland of Brazil think of him but for me he'd be the player to build the midfield and attack around.

Home of Barca Fans