Roberto Firmino

gasgas

As evidenced above, Firmino's left eye got essentially 'fingered' by Vertonghen when Liverpool played Tottenham this past weekend. He had to leave the field and head straight to a hospital. He's since not trained and spent days lying in bed blindfolded.

Hence he wasn't deemed fit to start last night - and when the cameras panned on him on the bench you could see his left eye was still half shut.

Edit:

DncUV7fW4AAe7HJ.jpg

Warning: Mind the teeth!

So blunt trauma.
i presume his vision is intact on the affected eye.
or somewhat close to intact

EdmondDantes

P.S. I forgot how to resize the images here, or else I would have done it.

Yep. I read it usually heals in 48 hours.

On another note, Firmino has got a 10/10 hairline.

Last edited:

PhilS

Came in while blind very late in the game, scored the brilliant winning goal in stoppage time. This is how you become a legend.

Devils

Lowkey incredible goal.

The fake to set himself up showed brilliant composure.

Last edited:

El Flaco

Signed a new contract several months ago that expires in 2023.
Pretty sure his release clause has been removed as well.
If we paid €150m for Coutinho, then Liverpool will definitely demand a much higher fee to even consider to let Firmino go.
Which is fairly understandable since the latter is a far more integrial cog for them.

Firmino is a great player, but not really a high-volume goal scorer.
Never accomplished the benchmark of scoring 20 EPL goals even once as a striker.

Zidane82

Yeah, I have a feeling we'll go for him next season, he'll be 27, so it would be perfect time for a club change for him, but Klopp ain't gonna like that.

He would transform this team , guaranteed .

He's Liverpool's most important player I'd suggest .

Pfmpd1

Signed a new contract several months ago that expires in 2023.
Pretty sure his release clause has been removed as well.
If we paid €150m for Coutinho, then Liverpool will definitely demand a much higher fee to even consider to let Firmino go.
Which is fairly understandable since the latter is a far more integrial cog for them.

Firmino is a great player, but not really a high-volume goal scorer.
Never accomplished the benchmark of scoring 20 EPL goals even once as a striker.

No, but he still got 27 last season. That's top striker territory I'd say.

BBZ8800

Yesterday's news from England say that some bookies raised Firmino's chances to move to Barcelona.
[tw]1058022885875306496[/tw]

According to Oddschecker, Firmino’s chances of heading to Barcelona are now 9/2, down from 6/1 when the market originally opened.

It would come as a huge blow to Liverpool if they were to lose the hard-working forward who is essential to their impressive attack, which also includes Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane.

EdmondDantes

Too late for that now I think. Any club looking to sign Firmino should have done so before he renewed his contract last summer, which erased his 80 mil release clause.

I still maintain Firmino's the one player capable of prolonging Messi's reign here given his superhuman work-rate and selflessness.

[tw]1057522809579028480[/tw]

Plus he's such a technical beast.

Having said that, I haven't been keeping up with Liverpool but I heard Klopp changed his system to a 4-2-3-1 this season and Firmino is playing as a 10 behind Salah.

BBZ8800

If we offload Dembele for 100M, Malcom for 30M, Paco for 20, Gomes for 20, that is already enough for Firmino's 150-180m transfer.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If we offload Dembele for 100M, Malcom for 30M, Paco for 20, Gomes for 20, that is already enough for Firmino's 150-180m transfer.

You like Firmino and think he would be the right signing as Suarez' long-term replacement?

Home of Barca Fans