Roberto Firmino

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
No it's not. Without any context, I can't even tell who you'd pick. Elaborate, please?

A quick observation of his posting history would show that it's clear which nationality, ahem.... player, he'd pick without any hesitation.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
A quick observation of his posting history would show that it's clear which nationality, ahem.... player, he'd pick without any hesitation.

I can't look at his posting history before February and January (it just says "No More Results"), and there was nothing that suggested he'd pick the Brazilian.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I can't look at his posting history before February and January (it just says "No More Results"), and there was nothing that suggested he'd pick the Brazilian.

My comment wasn't really that literal :lol:. The fact is that he's shown that he's overly partial to Brazilians. As said before, there's no way one can say that it's "simple" picking between the two.

KDB's goalscoring/assisting stats are clearly above Firmino's this season and his passing is the better of the two. He's the star of the Belgian NT and in some wicked crazy form recently (destroying a footballing giant in Bayern). He was Belgium's best player in the WC as well. Firmino, on the other hand, is clearly the better dribbler and has had four consistently awesome seasons in the Buli. Plus his defensive stats and workrate are otherworldly for an attacker (2.9 tackles per game, 1.2 interceptions per game, 2.3 fouls per game).

Both are in the same footballing tier and I can't really give an edge to either of them. And then you also have to consider that Buli's attacking style and quality as a league might inflate stats (maybe moreso for one than the other). The likes of Thiago, Diego, etc. having much higher dribbling stats in Buli than La Liga show that. It's a lot more gray than "it's really simple" just because one's Brazilian and the other isn't.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
My comment wasn't really that literal :lol:

ohhhhhh.gif

B

beautifulgame

My comment wasn't really that literal :lol:. The fact is that he's shown that he's overly partial to Brazilians. As said before, there's no way one can say that it's "simple" picking between the two.

KDB's goalscoring/assisting stats are clearly above Firmino's this season and his passing is the better of the two. He's the star of the Belgian NT and in some wicked crazy form recently (destroying a footballing giant in Bayern). He was Belgium's best player in the WC as well. Firmino, on the other hand, is clearly the better dribbler and has had four consistently awesome seasons in the Buli. Plus his defensive stats and workrate are otherworldly for an attacker (2.9 tackles per game, 1.2 interceptions per game, 2.3 fouls per game).

Both are in the same footballing tier and I can't really give an edge to either of them. And then you also have to consider that Buli's attacking style and quality as a league might inflate stats (maybe moreso for one than the other). The likes of Thiago, Diego, etc. having much higher dribbling stats in Buli than La Liga show that. It's a lot more gray than "it's really simple" just because one's Brazilian and the other isn't.

Partial to all non Europeans. Often speak of brazilians tho. Not brazilians.

Only seems partial to u guys tho cuz u guys r partial to Western Europeans. So anything other than that seems heavy bias to u guys. ;-)
And KDB is really not that special, if at all.

B

beautifulgame

Partial to all non Europeans. Often speak of brazilians tho. Not brazilians.

Only seems partial to u guys tho cuz u guys r partial to Western Europeans. So anything other than that seems heavy bias to u guys. ;-)
And KDB is really not that special, if at all.

There are 100 of him between Argentina and Brasil.

EdmondDantes

Apparently Arsenal are gonna sign him in the summer. If if happens it will be another very shrewd signing for Wenger after Sanchez. He's one hell of a player who is hungry for a spot in a big club.

DrPepper

I really hope this doesn't happen for various reasons.

1. I want him to stay, because if he stays there's a good chance Volland might as well.
2. There's no place for him in his favorite position (AM) there and I don't want him to get the Özil treatment of being forced to the wings.
3. It's Arsenal, so if he's serious about winning trophies he should go elsewhere.
4. He's good enough for a better club.

Home of Barca Fans