Roberto Firmino

DrPepper

The best part of that goal is Rudy's pass though.

His two goals against Wolfsburg were superb. And this one against Braunschweig,

It's amazing how much he improved under Gisdol. Before he was more or less the typical Brazilian, very gifted but no defensive workrate. Nowadays he is vital for Hoffenheim's counterpressing, constantly closing down and fouling the opposition. Only Volland (who makes the second most fouls in the Bundesliga of all players) fouls more than Firmino.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Would love to see him at Barca. He developed so well and is tearing it up for Hoffenheim in almost every game.
Assisted 2 and scored 2 today in the German cup. One goal was a bicycle kick.

Some clubs will go for him next summer for sure.

DrPepper

One of my favorite players surely, but I don't see where he would play here since Barca don't use attacking midfielders. He is pretty much Hoffenheim's focal point, having the most goals AND assists in his team last season. Volland would actually be a much better fit for Barca but I hope both of them stay.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
One of my favorite players surely, but I don't see where he would play here since Barca don't use attacking midfielders. He is pretty much Hoffenheim's focal point, having the most goals AND assists in his team last season. Volland would actually be a much better fit for Barca but I hope both of them stay.

I know he would not fit into our current formation etc. Would just be cool to see him play in a Barca shirt.
Even more with Volland. One of my favorite players in the BuLi.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
I'd love to see him here, but can't see it happen under Lucho. He's definitely ready to play for a better team.

Yannik

Quick hello here, as I am new on this board. ;)

Hoffenheim last season has been spectacular Goals-Galore.

8GTAZ9.png

Finished 9th but had 72 Goals scored and 70 Goals conceded, in an Article from Whoscored they were labelled as the most exciting team in Europe, watching their games - you would either laugh or cry.
Firmino and Volland (and a bit of Rudy) we're pretty much the main suspects in scoring at the correct end in this insane displays, Firmino himself racked up 16 Goals and 11 Assists in 33 games as a CAM and had the 3rd most scorer points after Lewandowski and Reus.

With that said, Hoffenheim is sitting 9th with just a few less goals scored as Dortmund, a top team. If they wouldnt have had conceded as much as they scored, they'd be 2nd or 3rd in the league, singlehandly carried by a 23yr old brazilian and a 22yr old german in the offense. Call me crazy but this guy is quite something, apart from his stats his gameplay is astonishing aswell, Hoffenheim in attack looks like CL team, and both their stars might be household names in some time.

For the prize he has, you would rarely get anyone better, but I dont think he would fit Barca on the other hand.

Last edited:

DrPepper

Hi there!

Definitely true what you said. I counted 11 matches where they took the lead - in 5 of them they even doubled their lead - but still couldn't win the match. In the end they lost 27 points because of that. This year they're much more solid at the back but aren't scoring as many goals as last year. Last season they already scored 21 goals, this year it's 13. Still, if they're able to maintain their form they should be able to challenge for a Europa League spot, maybe even more.

Firmino is truly an amazing player, but what would be his price? I don't think he will be a bargain. He's getting more and more media exposure which just raises his market value even more. Also Hoffenheim aren't a team that needs the money. So if he's leaving next summer I guess he will go for around 30M which isn't too bad.

P.S.: You mean Salihovic alongside Firmino and Volland who scored the most goals. ;)

Yannik

he has a contract running till 2017 and has been called up for the national-team now, his current market value is at 25m and you're right Hoffenheim has an owner behind them and is not reliant on money.
If a team would want him to leave they would probably need to go the nasty way and make him put pressure on his club and then 25m could be possible.

Yes, my bad I forgot about Salihovic who was also a big part there.

I

instinct

Hoffenheim's "owner" wants the club to become autarkic in the next few years. He is currently trying to build a solid team which doesn't his financial help. Selling their best player would damage their current football project but it could be decisive for the future of this club. I don't think they'd ask for too much unless there is much competition.

DrPepper

Hopp wanting Hoffenheim to be independent has been said since 2010 or so when they sold Carlos Eduardo and Luiz Gustavo for 20M each. But this time I think they actually want to build something and keep their star players. Of course provided they play European competition next year.

raki

He´s the 2nd player with most sucessfull driblles in top leagues behind messi. Great player.

Home of Barca Fans